Applied For A Job!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just got home from the interview, it went well I think. She did say that the reason that people don't excel at the job is because they don't have the experience with the products or their knowledge is limited to their own pets, which wouldn't be the case for me and she thinks that I'd be very good there. They are hiring management, full and part time staff. She asked me a lot of manager questions, so I have a feeling that's what she was considering me for... to be honest, I don't know if I'm ready for that, but we'll see. She's interviewing through to Thursday and is going to call people on Friday to let them know, if I get it I'll be starting next week. She was very understanding about the fact that I'd need a few weeks to get into a schedule because of my other job. 

Keep your fingers crossed that I hear something on Friday!

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today's supposed to be the big day where I hear back from her. I'm getting so nervous, I can't help it! I'm not sure if she realized that today was a holiday or not, so I might not hear back from her... that's just going to drive me insane, lol. 

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got the job!! Part time leading to full time for now, she said she's hiring a few part timers now and then whoever is excelling will be promoted to full time. I start at minimum wage and then after my review in three months I'll get a raise. I'm so excited! I start on Monday!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got the job!! Part time leading to full time for now, she said she's hiring a few part timers now and then whoever is excelling will be promoted to full time. I start at minimum wage and then after my review in three months I'll get a raise. I'm so excited! I start on Monday!

YAYYY! Congrats hun, how exciting! Must be a huge weight off of your shoulders!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Alicia!!  I do so understand the struggle of multiple jobs, savings depleted, and coming up short every month.  
  So happy you got this job and can breathe a little easier now!!!  Is is the line position or a management position?

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think she's just hired a few part time people and will then weed through them to see who's fit for management, full time and part time. 

Even if I only get 2 short shifts a week, it'll still add over $300 to my income at the end of the month and I can live a little more comfortably, not to mention the discount on pet food, lol.