Appetite Suppressant (Human!)

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know of any good appetite suppressant's for humans?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL If I could figure out how, I just may try it.
Kiddin! ... or am I?

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL at MrsD! Actually what works for some doesn't necessarily work for others. I was going to say cleaning the litterbox too.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A good trick to suppress appetite is not being able to smell anything. This is the reason why you are not hungry when you have a bad cold. Unable to smell will also result in being unable to taste.

The problem of course is how to numb your sense of smell without getting sick.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah!
I have the flu right now which im not glad of. But im glad that im not eating so much.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tracey, I remember going to Weight Watchers, and the leader there telling us that when you have a craving for something you know you shouldn't have, you can do one of two things that always worked for her. She said to think of chewing greasy, cold, lumpy chicken fat..........
or go brush your teeth for at least 3 minutes. The clean taste in your mouth helps take away the craving.........remember, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other thing that helps is to drink lots of water. When I was dieting, I would fill up a gallon container of water every night and put it in the fridge so that it would be nice and cold in the morning. I would make it a point to try and get through the entire gallon by the end of the day. The first couple of days were kind of hard because I'm not a big water drinker. (plus it was making me pee all the time) But then your body gets used to it and wants the water and it becomes a lot easier.

Also, after a few days, the weight began falling off.

You have to be careful though and not drink much more than a gallon, because there is such a thing as "water intoxication" which basically means that you drink so much water that it throws all of your electrolytes out of whack and you can get really sick. If you drink too much water, it can actually cause your sodium to get too low, which can cause all sorts of problems.

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyKook

The other thing that helps is to drink lots of water. When I was dieting, I would fill up a gallon container of water every night and put it in the fridge so that it would be nice and cold in the morning. I would make it a point to try and get through the entire gallon by the end of the day. The first couple of days were kind of hard because I'm not a big water drinker. (plus it was making me pee all the time) But then your body gets used to it and wants the water and it becomes a lot easier.
YES I just wanted to second that this works like a charm! (just make sure you stop if you are planning a long road trip-hehe)

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Within a half-hour, prior to a meal, eat a small piece of dark chocolate. I read this somewhere. This method doesn't work for chocoholics - WE can't stop with ONE small piece!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I are seriously considering Weight Watchers on-line. Anyone have any experience with this? Opinions?