Apartment shopping! UGH!

dtetrev

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL if you think that's alot of money the last place I was in was $1185 for 2 bedrooms with only heat & hot water included.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is a pretty nice apartment!
I never got to live in an apartment -- not sure if that was good or not, LOL
Since my mother would not let me move out til I was married, we had our house built.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still searching on the Internet for any other possible apartments. I've found another one I really like...I'll call tomorrow to see if they have anything available. It's kind of funny...these apartments look almost identical to the other ones! But...they're cheaper yet!
I'll have to check about their pet policy...doesn't say anything about it except for calling them about it.
Tanglewood Apartments

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, those look nice, too! What about looking into renting an actual house? What are the house prices like by you, Shell?

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't checked out house prices, but I heard that they're outrageous. Plus, I don't want the hassle of mowing & scooping snow. Apartments are the perfect size for me & the cats...plus they're less hassle.

I just checked the other apartments out & they're managed by the same company...so thats probably why they look so much alike!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you getinto Lion's Gate - very feline-ish! Things seem to be looking up for you - you deserve all good things Shell!

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell - OMG the apartments are gorgeous. I'll take 2 no make it 3. Just kidding :0))).

These type of apartments with the ammendies you mentioned are 2,000/month not including utilities in this area. Also, deposits run about 1-2 months rent and for pets most of time there is a one time non-refundable as well as a monthly charge per pet of $50-100.

You are so luck!! Let us know on what you decide.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I can't believe I was complaining about how high the rent is seeing how much everyone else pays! Wow...thats just highway robbery!

Wages would have to be so much better in those areas..no other way to afford those rates!
The way I've figured I'll be able to swing the rent payments with my new wages (approx. $15 an hour). I'm just a tightwad & hate to spend more than I have to. It's scarey trying to budget it everything & make sure I can live comfortably. I hate scrimping from pay check to pay check...or worse. I've been down that route before & I don't want to visit again. Now that I've grown up & realize that I need to use my money wisely, I know I'll survive.

The hard part now is paying all the deposits & etc when I move. I also need to buy furniture (a couch/loveseat, end tables, a new bed & a dresser)...so I'll be in debt there too. I plan on talking to my Banker on Friday...Dad already talked to him about what I'm doing. Tom (the banker) said that he'd be more than happy to float me a loan for a couple thousand to get me on my feet. I haven't sat down & figured out exactly how much I'll need but I'm assuming I'll need about $2000. God I hate being in debt!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Holy cow! I'm in the wrong business! LOL

I'm making $15/hr (with overtime pay included), and it's taken me 6 years of Secretarial work to get up this high! I would KILL to make my salary with that low of rent!!! Shell, trust me...you'll be fine financially!!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Heidi...I just assumed that you'd be making a lot more than me! Especially since you've had experience in your job! That's just crazy...how do they expect you to live comfortably with those wages & with the high rent?

As for my job...$15 bucks an hour is pretty good just starting out. When I graduate from the training program, I'll be salaried at $32,000 with a 4% increase every year. It's a lot of work & a lot of hours...so I don't know if it's worth it. I'm required to work 48 to 52 hours per week, so actually I'm getting screwed being salaried. If I got paid hourly, I'd be making approx. $37,500 to $41,000...but I'd only be getting $32,000.
Don't get me wrong...I'm very happy with my new wages. It's a whole lot better than what I'm getting right now ($8.80 after 10 years!).

Dang Heidi..wanna move back to Nebraska?
LOL!