Anyonje else here insane over pasta salad?

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mum makes this delicious salad where she uses sundried tomatoes, garlic, pine nuts and basil. She adds some cooked chicken strips to it, tosses it all up along with the other ingredients, adds a lot of fresh parmesan cheese and strips of sweet peppers ... yummmmm!!!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom used to make spagetti salad and it was awesome! Just just put chedder cheese and celery in it, but she used boiled dressing that tastes like sweet and sour. I have to find that receipe...now I have a craving.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yum! all of these ideas. I will have to try making one with Bertolli Tortellini. The hubby will love that.

Recently I made a chicken pasta salad.

1/2 box shells (cook them up as directed)
1 can white meat chicken
mayo
celery (sliced up)
1 small can of peas, drained
onion, sliced up - to taste
apple (Usually i use grapes, but it's so hard to find good ones. An apple was a good substitute.)

Mix the ingredients with mayo, enough may to be liquidy, but not too soupy. Add in noodles. Sprinkle top with Paprika for color, chill until served.

My tuna salad is similar, but no fruit.

You could probably double this for more people. This is more than enough for me and the hubby, and I often have leftovers for lunches.

ashlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow this thread made me so hungry! I think I am going to make some pasta salad when I get home from work... I'm not much of a cook but Betty Crocker and her Suddenly Salads are perfect for me, easy and delicious. I love the ranch and bacon one. But all these homemade ones sound soooooo much better. I'm really hungry!

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Aw thank you
Here is a link to it:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/Products/Suddenly-Salad/
They have it on sale for $.99 often.

Kinda like Tuna Helper but with no tuna
I will get adventuous. With limited funds for food I hate to make something that tastes awful
I had a friend who made a great little macaroni salad with some type of mayo stuff, green onions, celery and some other things. I loved that
Bonnie, I checked your link. I'm SURE my grocery has it now I've seen the box. I really like the various dressings Betty Crocker offers. I'll have to try some of those.

Warning: fresh totallini stuffed with cheese is pricey. I'm trying to remember, but I think I paid like $5.49 for 16 ozs. Needless to say I only make it for "special" holiday occasions. Otherwise I just use dried pasta. I like the tri color corkscrews 'cause it just looks pretty. I have seen dried tortallini with cheese but haven't tried it yet. I don't remember what it cost. I think I'll make a pasta salad for the 4th of July over at my sisters. I'll just use the 'regular' dried macaroni though.

This thread is making me CRAVE the stuff now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Barilla dry pastas (semolina) and Bertolli if I use fresh pasta.
And yes, the fresh stuff is spendy, but the only way to go if you want filled pastas or spinach , or tomato pastas.