Anyones cat bring them gifts at night?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh boy, how lucky am I.  My cats mostly sleep all night.  :-)  Though I confess once or twice I've heard the definite sounds of hairball gakking and just turned over and pretended I didn't...

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
   When I was in college my kitty Cleo brought me a bat one night! I wasn't sleeping but it was at night and I was so proud of her! How I learned that you should always have screens on your open windows!

Maia brings me the best thing I could ask for, snuggles and warmth.....................then there is the daily whiskers in the face and literal walk all over me till I feed her 'alarm clock'. Thats the best and the worst I get from Maia when I'm sleeping

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Hydrox brought a little field mouse to bed one night. To bed. Right in the bed. Rustling in the sheets. It wasn't pretty. My son said he didn't know I could jump that high. Backwards. Onto a bureau. He thought it was hilarious. We were not amused. 

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Our cat has started bring fruit from our neighbors yard, two nights in a row it was pears, last night it was 3 apples and 2 pears...what the heck is that about?  I'm thinking that since my husband pealed and ate the last pear, kk figured he'd like apples too.  I have heard of cats stealing things and storing them in hiding places, or bringing something they killed, but never fruit. 

How odd--and how cute!

ravencorbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Iris hasn't done this in awhile, but she used to always leave her soft mice on my pillow!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Iris hasn't done this in awhile, but she used to always leave her soft mice on my pillow!
Oh that reminds me!

Tabby doesn't do this at night; she does it during dinner. She has a tiny little pink mouse called Pinkie. Pinkie no longer has a tail, nor does she have her eyes anymore. She's missing quite a bit of her fur now, too. But Tabby loves Pinkie and when she can't find her, she'll walk around the house meowing for Pinkie. That's our cue to start looking for her. And Pinkie could be anywhere in the house; we have a devil of a time finding her sometimes.

Anyway, while we're eating dinner, Tabby will bring Pinkie to the kitchen table. She'll jump up on the table and come over between Rick and me. And plop Pinkie right down on the table between us. And then she'll walk over to the pink blankie on the table and lay down. We say Thank You! and tell her what a good girl she is. Tabby will start to purr and then she'll fall asleep. It's like she knows that Pinkie will be safe with us while we're eating dinner! And after dinner while we're cleaning off the table, I'll pick up Pinkie and put her on the blankie next to Tabby so she's right there when Tabby awakens from her nap.

I know.....cats on the table while we're eating. But, oh well.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh that reminds me!

Tabby doesn't do this at night; she does it during dinner. She has a tiny little pink mouse called Pinkie. Pinkie no longer has a tail, nor does she have her eyes anymore. She's missing quite a bit of her fur now, too. But Tabby loves Pinkie and when she can't find her, she'll walk around the house meowing for Pinkie. That's our cue to start looking for her. And Pinkie could be anywhere in the house; we have a devil of a time finding her sometimes.

Anyway, while we're eating dinner, Tabby will bring Pinkie to the kitchen table. She'll jump up on the table and come over between Rick and me. And plop Pinkie right down on the table between us. And then she'll walk over to the pink blankie on the table and lay down. We say Thank You! and tell her what a good girl she is. Tabby will start to purr and then she'll fall asleep. It's like she knows that Pinkie will be safe with us while we're eating dinner! And after dinner while we're cleaning off the table, I'll pick up Pinkie and put her on the blankie next to Tabby so she's right there when Tabby awakens from her nap.

I know.....cats on the table while we're eating. But, oh well.
That is a great story!!!  So cute, I love your routine with Pinkie and Tabby.  

PS--glad to hear we're not the only ones with cats on the table while we're eating.....     

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neffie brings me her mousies at night at leaves them right behind me so that I roll on top of them. It's the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced. But she's my little sweetie so I never get upset about it I just pet her and put her mouse on the night stand.
My Neffie brings me toy mice and rats too! She puts them in the food bowls also. I try not to think of this when its sitting on my pillow!

goldencrow48

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, my cat Buster leaves toys outside of guest's doors, so far he's left catnip mice and jingle balls. (the one with the bell/jinglely thing in them)