Heat Index: 106°F
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 57°F
More Observations

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was so disgusting in our townhouse - upstairs was soooo steamy, there's no air conditioners up there and that's where the bedrooms are - yuck!

At midnight is was 34C (95F), so we put an air mattress downstairs where it was cooler. Unfortunately the mattress seems to have a small leak in it since we last used it a month or so ago, and at about 2am I was almost lying on DH and sweating. I tried to roll over and struggled to even move it was so flat, then finally got to move snd rolled right off the mattress. So I went back upstairs to the hot bed.

Poor Stumpy was following us everywhere last night, even into the heat upstairs, and she'd go upstairs and pant. So I turned the AC back on just to try and convince her to stay there

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lived in California all my life and it usually doesn't get to be above 100 until sometime in June. It was about 102 today. I think we are in for a long HOT summer! It isn't unusual for us to have several days of 110+ weather, but it is rarely this hot in May! Thank God our apartments have a pool!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, we've been breaking records here in Portland. Thankfully for tomorrow its supposed to be a high of 59F and 80% chance of rain
Not sure why it has to go from high of 60F to 95F - would be nice to have a few weeks of sunny 75F degree weather!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has hit over 100 since Thurs and is 98 right now. It seems like July Weather. They say 79 by the end of the week.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

It is 95 right now and should be 103 or 104 later today.
The last time it was over 100 in May for more then one day was 1987.
It has only happened six times since 1939.
No thanks. We're going through our "cool wave" (upper seventies) and our hot weather will be here soon enough I'm sorry to say.