Anyone want to hear about my day at work?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, my God, where do I start. My main boss forgot to order eggs on the truck.My other boss got very stressed and stopped serving breakfast at 8.I told some woman in the drive through this at nine. She was like “ Um, but, it’s only nine in the mornin.” Like, really honey? We didn’t forget how to tell time. Then we got the rude customers. I’d ask them what they wanted to drink, then have to ask them to repeat it and they’d act like they couldn’t hear anything. They’d get to the window and be like “ Oh my God, that costs money!” Or just call me stupid. I had to try really hard not to leap through the window and strangle other humans. I missed my cats.

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, my God, where do I start. My main boss forgot to order eggs on the truck.My other boss got very stressed and stopped serving breakfast at 8.I told some woman in the drive through this at nine. She was like “ Um, but, it’s only nine in the mornin.” Like, really honey? We didn’t forget how to tell time. Then we got the rude customers. I’d ask them what they wanted to drink, then have to ask them to repeat it and they’d act like they couldn’t hear anything. They’d get to the window and be like “ Oh my God, that costs money!” Or just call me stupid. I had to try really hard not to leap through the window and strangle other humans. I missed my cats.
And the entire time, I had to smile. Because my Boss. At 3, my autism was like “ shutting down brain now. Over stimulated.” But, there were good moments. I laughed some. So, not terrible

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was one- come to think of it, the main- reason I was glad to be in a job where I didn't have to interact with the public, with the rare exception of somebody who got lost and wandered into my area. I'm especially glad that since I'm retired, I don't have to interact with anyone. Well, except for my wife.

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That was one- come to think of it, the main- reason I was glad to be in a job where I didn't have to interact with the public, with the rare exception of somebody who got lost and wandered into my area. I'm especially glad that since I'm retired, I don't have to interact with anyone. Well, except for my wife.
BUT BUT BUT ALSO This really cute girl flirted with me today! ACK SHE WAS SO PRETTY GOD I AM SUCH A DESPERATE LITTLE LESBIAN

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And sometimes you don't even have to insult anyone for them to- ahem- get creative with your food. Case in point: Two years ago, my wife and I went to a local steak house to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We ordered the same things, except she had a beer while I had iced tea. I was wearing my ball cap with the name and silhouette of the ship I had served on. Later that evening, I got violently sick, with abdominal cramps to the point where I could not stand up straight for days. Michele, on the other hand, had no ill effects whatsoever. Coincidence? Who can say for sure? Or maybe someone who had it in for veterans.

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And sometimes you don't even have to insult anyone for them to- ahem- get creative with your food. Case in point: Two years ago, my wife and I went to a local steak house to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We ordered the same things, except she had a beer while I had iced tea. I was wearing my ball cap with the name and silhouette of the ship I had served on. Later that evening, I got violently sick, with abdominal cramps to the point where I could not stand up straight for days. Michele, on the other hand, had no ill effects whatsoever. Coincidence? Who can say for sure? Or maybe someone who had it in for veterans.
I’m so sorry about that experience. I hope you know I’d never knowingly do a thing like that.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am still trying to get past the part where someone called you stupid. :disappointed:
I ran through to grab a burger one day and the people told me the broiler was down. I got something else instead. It was really no big deal. The lady working the window thanked me for "being so nice about it." If people have to turn rabid over a stupid hamburger being unavailable based on something that is out of EVERYONE'S control, they need to go back to preschool and learn to deal with their tantrums IMO.