Anyone want a ferret??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spirita2010

Tigger is very entergetic, loves to play, and she does not bite, only when she gets out of control.
Could you take that line out.. Sorry, I think thats the last thing to be edited.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some pet shops will take "used" animals and resell them. I would definitely go to a small pet shop, not a big chain and see if they will rehome her for you.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My local pet shop does that also. But I wouldnt go with something as big as a petsmart or a petco.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Some pet shops will take "used" animals and resell them. I would definitely go to a small pet shop, not a big chain and see if they will rehome her for you.
Personally I think that this is just as bad as dumping your pets off somewhere.

You have no idea who will get your animal, and quite frankly, most petstores don't care who buys them or what kind of care they will recieve, they just sell them to whoever wants them.

I think listing them on petfinder and going the responsible way of selecting a caring and more likely forever home for them is the right way to go about re-homing any pet.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, I am not giving her back to the pet shop. This is why I list on petfinder.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just seeing this thread! I'm happy that Tigger will be able to find a good home now!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel bad for ferrets. It seems everyone gets them thinking their care would be similar to hamsters or other small animals. Then they realize how much care they really need, and either neglect them or get rid of them. People really need to research before they buy. And I'm not directing this at you, I know it's not your ferret. Good Luck finding her a good home.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I feel bad for ferrets. It seems everyone gets them thinking their care would be similar to hamsters or other small animals. Then they realize how much care they really need, and either neglect them or get rid of them. People really need to research before they buy. And I'm not directing this at you, I know it's not your ferret. Good Luck finding her a good home.
Agreed.

Wow! Already!! Yay!! Go Tigger! Your going to get a new home!!
Hopefully.
Hopefully this person knows what they are doing.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm not familar with PetFinder. Can't any just pay for the animal and buy it off there as well??

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I guess I'm not familar with PetFinder. Can't any just pay for the animal and buy it off there as well??
Petfinder is an online directory that shelters and rescues use to list animals they have up for adoption- not an online petstore. If someone were interested in adopting an animal they saw on there they would have to fill out an application (in most cases) with the group that the animal was listed with. The benefit for the animal (versus giving them to a petstore to be resold) is that the organization can try to screen and educate adopters to find a home that would be a good match that particular animal- not just sell them to anyone that had the money that day or wanted one on an impulse.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any more people who want her bnwalker?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No one else has inquired yet, but it usually takes a little time to find the right home. I sent an application to that first woman. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got another call from someone interested in Tigger. She and her son just lost their ferret and are wanting another companion. She lives about 20 minutes from me. I don't think I've asked you, around where in Indiana do you live? You don't have to tell me exactly, I'll just need to know how far away you are from me in case I need to set up a transport or something. If you'd like, you can email me at the email on our petfinder page. http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IN196.htmlThat way I can forward applications to you for you to read as well.

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll e-mail you a little later sometime today, or whenever I can get on the computer again.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please let me know as soon as you are able. I now have three people very interested... one lady wanted to get her yesterday but I told her I'd have to find out where you're at first. Another guy just emailed me today and is looking for a companion for his ferret.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow, i hope she gets a good home! sounds like alot of people areinterested in her, thats really good

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Please let me know as soon as you are able. I now have three people very interested... one lady wanted to get her yesterday but I told her I'd have to find out where you're at first. Another guy just emailed me today and is looking for a companion for his ferret.
I e-mailed you. Like a long time ago. Didn't you get it?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spirita2010

I e-mailed you. Like a long time ago. Didn't you get it?
I never got your email. I had about 10 people very interested, but didn't know if she was still available. Is she?