• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Spoken like a true Mac person

Just kidding. I couldn't resist.

I'm about to order Vista Business and place it on the network. 512 MB of ram is the minimum, but 1 GB is recommended (2 or 3 GB are better). That's on MS's web site. I was just looking today.

Will your work provide you with one? I'm just curious...if you look at PC Connection, they have a ton more XP machines than Vista right now. The contact I have said that all the customers were complaining about that.

If you buy one COTS then you'll probably have Vista.

Personally I would buy one now. They recently announced that Vista SP1 is currently in Beta mode this month and will be available soon.

I am interested in Ubuntu though.
I'd really like to order online, but if I kind of need it before monday.. and if I order it, it wouldn't get her on time. Silly, I know.. but I really can't bring my POS tower with me to training. It would be pointless for them to install software on it only for it to drop dead (which it will.. its already coughing and wheezing
) and then have to drive back the three hours so they can install software on the new computer anyway. And they don't buy it... its sort of a prerequisite for the job that you have your own... but the up side is, I can deduct it on my taxes as a home office expense

Good to hear about SP1 - I think someone else mentioned that earlier too. Makes me feel a little better... like at least they're on the ball with trying to get things to work properly. Personally, I'd like it better if they had it working before they released it... but what can I say... I'm a daydreamer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, now that I'm thinking of it... has anyone tried to install dual monitors with vista? I just remembered the new job said duals were standard for them.