Anyone try Shed Ender?

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey guys...I just saw the commercial for something called Shed Ender. Has anyone tried this??

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No I haven't, but I would like to hear how well it works. Sorry I couldn't be of help.

Francine

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Shed Ender is the same as a Furminator but mounted onto a different grip. It is a poorly made tool.

These are "carding tools" that pull out excessive undercoat. They would work well on short to medium coated cats- those with coats not long enough to require extensive brushing or combing but that still tend to drop dead hair.

When carding with tools like this it is always important to not repeat strokes over bony areas as the metal can easily scrape the skin. A Zoom Groom (aka rubber curry) will do the same thing without the metal interface, so might be a better choice for a cat- at least for folks new to cat grooming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've always been afraid to try Zoom Groom (or any others like it) because it looks like it'll pull the kitties' hair. I'm sure so many people wouldn't be using it if that were the case.

What's your experience with it?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoom Groom is fun! It doesn't pull their hair. I used it on my roommate actually and he said it didn't pull. (my hair is long, massive, and curly, so I'd be surprised if anything didn't pull it) Zissou, more importantly, likes it better than most other brushes. She doesn't like brushes in general. I think the Zoom Groom is more static electricity than pulling out hair.

sophiacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought the shed ender for my siamese cat because she was shedding A LOT (I live in Texas and it is already 90 degrees everyday!). I tpulls all the undercoat out and works pretty well. You just have to be carefull when you go over the kitties back by her bones, but other than that it does get quite a bit of hair out. I first use the shed ender then a regular brush to get the little stray hairs. I'm using it almost everyday and I have seen a diference.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Zoom Groom is fun! It doesn't pull their hair. I used it on my roommate actually and he said it didn't pull. (my hair is long, massive, and curly, so I'd be surprised if anything didn't pull it) Zissou, more importantly, likes it better than most other brushes. She doesn't like brushes in general. I think the Zoom Groom is more static electricity than pulling out hair.
Ok, hmmm...I think we might just try it! We have a brush that has metal bristles, with a rubber base, and boy, they fill that thing up!! And this from two short-haired cats!! The thing is, though, that their daddy was a long, fluffy-haired kitty. I never saw him outright, so I don't know what breed he could have been, but I heard from their mama's owner he was long-haired. So they got that long-haired shedding, unfortunately. It's not horrible, but gets a bit annoying.

Think we might just pick up a Zoom Groom soon...thanks!!

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sophiacat

I bought the shed ender for my siamese cat because she was shedding A LOT (I live in Texas and it is already 90 degrees everyday!). I tpulls all the undercoat out and works pretty well. You just have to be carefull when you go over the kitties back by her bones, but other than that it does get quite a bit of hair out. I first use the shed ender then a regular brush to get the little stray hairs. I'm using it almost everyday and I have seen a diference.
Hmmm...sheesh...now I'm torn. Maybe we'll buy both, and let you guys know how they compare!

I know...we'll buy one, test it for about a week or two, wait about two weeks in between, and test the other. We'll let you know the results!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Shed Ender coming in the mail. I hope it works well, I have used the rubber kind and I don't like them, they don't seem too work extremely well. I have mostly short haired cats so I hope it does well with removing the undercoat...

...We'll see...

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maherwoman

Hey guys...I just saw the commercial for something called Shed Ender. Has anyone tried this??
I saw it in ALCO but did not get it. I am not sure it would work well for me.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a comercial for it and wanted to get it. seems one person didn't like it, one did, and one has it on the way, wonder if you will like it too. If it works well on long haired cats I think I will end up getting it.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I saw a comercial for it and wanted to get it. seems one person didn't like it, one did, and one has it on the way, wonder if you will like it too. If it works well on long haired cats I think I will end up getting it.
Skittles has such long hair it might work but affraid to spend the money if it doesn't... I love to brush her but I usually wear it all.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Skittles has such long hair it might work but affraid to spend the money if it doesn't... I love to brush her but I usually wear it all.
LOL, I know about that! I raise ragdolls, and they shed a lot for being "non-shedding" (myth) My cats love being brushed but I haven't found any thing that works they way I like and gets that undercoat.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I'll let you know which one works better. I wonder if certain kinds work better for certain breeds/hair lengths??

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You might want to try to get it at Wal-mart, our store carrys it. I was looking at getting it, but then some one told me about the Zoom Groom. Thought I would try that one out first.

Francine

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by frawri

You might want to try to get it at Wal-mart, our store carrys it. I was looking at getting it, but then some one told me about the Zoom Groom. Thought I would try that one out first.

Francine
How is the zoom groom and I am heading to walmart in 20 min. It is 1 hr away and the weather sucks so this will be a trial but hay if someone pottys they are well u know what.

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

How is the zoom groom and I am heading to walmart in 20 min. It is 1 hr away and the weather sucks so this will be a trial but hay if someone pottys they are well u know what.
I haven't gotten it yet. I am going to go buy the dog one at petsmart, because they always are out of the cat brush. LOL Other then the size I think they are the same.

Francine

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will let you guys know what I think about it, should come any day hopefully. Got it off Ebay brand new. A little pricey but oh well. I hope it works. I have a variety of cat with different hair lengths and thickness so we'll see.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maherwoman

I've always been afraid to try Zoom Groom (or any others like it) because it looks like it'll pull the kitties' hair. I'm sure so many people wouldn't be using it if that were the case.

What's your experience with it?
i like the zoom groom, & so does Pixel - she enjoys just about any brushing, but the others are ok with the zoom groom, too, & they don't like any others. fortunately, i don't have to brush them often [at least, not Java or Cable - remains to be seen with Chip].