Anyone That Has Had A Kitten Or Cat With A Bad Case Of Ringworm, How Long Did You Battle With It?

Cbreeze86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine is on his 5th week of oral antifungal plus medicated baths and topical ointment and he looks 90 percent better! All his fur has grown back and the only spots left are some slight crusty areas on his ears. The vet said 3 more weeks of quarantine last Wednesday but he looks like he could be all better in less time than that. I know I should follow the vet but I want to let him out in the house so bad! Anyone else have a kitten with ringworm that was pretty bad and how long did it take you to beat it?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first started breeding I was sold a cat with RW. FOLLOW your vets advice no matter how much you want to allow the kitten out. He may look clear but until 2 negative tests are done, he could still have spores in his coat. When I dealt with it, it took 4 months to clear. However my vet was not a believer in oral medications for it - said they were to risky. This was before the newer, safer meds were on the market.