Anyone sleep with their bedroom doors shut?

dwmeowmix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tamgirl99

If Waco hasn't been checked out at the vet's lately, you might want to have him checked. My 11 year old started doing this and it turned out her bladder was full of stones and she was crying out from the pain. Now that she's had surgery and is on the road to recovery, the crying has stopped. She would walk around the house from room to room crying like she was looking for something. So now I will know that something is really wrong if she starts doing that again. Just something I wanted to throw out since I assumed it was just random behavior as well.
Well that's just the thing, he has been to the vet very recently for the ear infection I spoke of previously. He's on massive doses of antibiotics. He has brought the volume down by several decibels and is quiet sometimes during the night now. I just can't determine yet due to him being treated for the infection, if this yowling thing is a physical problem or a behavioral one. The vet is already aware of the problem so we'll be addressing it again on his next follow-up.

howard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Open, so my cat can use the litter box if she has to.

howard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

She may attempt to wake me for food before my alarm, but it's always gentle, sniff my face or walk over me and curl up next to me.
That's pretty much what my cat does.

My cat will even put her head on my ankle so she knows exactly where I am.

She even knows the time I'm going to bed.

bitsy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Doors open, doors closed, sleep in bed, fall asleep on couch watching tv, it doesn't matter, At 5 AM the 2 girls (who pretty much ignore each other most of the time) will start chasing each other around the house. Loudly. By 6 the young man will start talking to you, if you haven't responded by 6:30 he will start walking on you or if he's outside the bedroom door, claw on the door and yodel (yes, yodel) until you can't take it anymore. Luckily the baby doesn't have any bad manners, yet.
They learned to get up early when the hubby did for an hour commute to work. Now that he's back to more reasonable hours, they are still on the old schedule. Truely creatures of habit.

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to have to kick out Shadow, Dave's cat because she has this horrible habit of sleeping between my legs when I'm trying to sleep. I sense her there and my body won't roll over, thus making me very uncomfortable. I had to kick her out for months. She seems to ave learned but sometimes she still does it.

Now when they sleep next to me, or on the pillows I can always roll the other way, I don't have to worry about trapping a cat in the blanket. Speaking of, Shadow somehow got rolled into a blanket and was sammiched between Dave and I one night. We awoke to her wriggling to get out-- still no idea how she got there to begin with.

So-- sometimes closed, sometimes open depends on the cats.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I currently live in a studio appt so no doors to close!
I never have kept any of my cats out of the bedroom though, I liked having them snooze with me. I have the problem now of my cat wanting to sleep under the covers with me, but cant figure out how to get under there without waking me up with scratching at the blanket and meowing right into my ear. It was cute, for about 2 nights. She has me trained well though, I lift the covers for her.