Anyone remember "Oatie"

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm back if anyone remembers me, It's probably been about 5 years since a post from me...To jar one's memory, I'm the one that is taking care of currently 16 strays a mile from here at the dump....I've been doing this for about 8 years now and still want to keep this on the quiet side for I don't want the dump to be the new drop-off site for any unwanted cats, if anyone remembers I have a cat at the dump I named "OATIE" a TNR yellow tomcat that had a very bad UTI issue when he was about 3 y/o, now about 8 y/o that a member on this site turned me onto Amoxicillin.. I can't name the member that helped me that time BUT will never forget their help(sent me about 15 Amoxicillin capsules that saved Oatie's life I'm sure).. AS far as Oatie goes, he's still with me and always seems healthy but always seems a little light on weight...Being he beat that nearly life-taking UTI infection several years back, he earned a dose of Revolution flea treatment every month for the past several years..
Just wanted to know if anyone remembers my story OR "Oatie", nothing has changed, I try to brighten currently 16 strays at the dump, quietly of-coarse AND the 8 strays that have walked out of the woods here at my home......Thanks to all on this site that remember me and those that are just hearing of me for the first time..............This site is the best cat site on planet Earth..................

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your response, I would never have thought of past posts, don't know if I'd even know how to retrieve them...But the short of it is that "Oatie" would not be alive today had it not been for members on this site AND I will always be thankful of that....
While I have ya here, I had a lot of trouble getting back onto the site after several years away, everytime I tried logging in, it keep telling me that the username or my password was being used,,,the only way I got back on AND wanted to keep my username was to re-register and add !@# behind backwoodsvet.. What can I do to get my old username back ??
P.S.....I was born in Dayton, Oh.(go buckeyes), I spent 30 years in central Fl., St. Pete.........I guess it really is a small world........

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
backwoodsvet backwoodsvet
I've only been here a few months so I just thought I'd stop by to introduce myself ( south Florida gal)and say "Welcome back,pleased to meet you"

Indeed,TCS is the BEST community of wonderful cat loving people on the planet..❤

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would never have thought of past posts, don't know if I'd even know how to retrieve them.
Here is the link to ur post from way back in 2017 u can also see ur stuff if u click on ur avatar picture then click on "your content"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your time, reading some of my old posts that some of you posted, brings tears to my eyes to know that I'm not alone out here........the current update on me is that I'm caring for now 8 strays (all fixed)at my house and the current count down the street at the dump is 16, sadly as a reminder to everyone, the TNR lady that use to come help to the dump every couple years, will not come back as of like 5 years ago....from what I understand "someone" stole all her traps that she had set out for TNR and she will not come back till she gets her traps back...don't bet on that happening...and the saddest part is that the strays living there is the one's that will suffer the most because of a THIEF...........

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your time, reading some of my old posts that some of you posted, brings tears to my eyes to know that I'm not alone out here........the current update on me is that I'm caring for now 8 strays (all fixed)at my house and the current count down the street at the dump is 16, sadly as a reminder to everyone, the TNR lady that use to come help to the dump every couple years, will not come back as of like 5 years ago....from what I understand "someone" stole all her traps that she had set out for TNR and she will not come back till she gets her traps back...don't bet on that happening...and the saddest part is that the strays living there is the one's that will suffer the most because of a THIEF...........
Well that's kinda crazy-the cats certainly didn't steal her traps..... yes it is very sad.Most likely a metal "scrapper",can't imagine the theif is someone who wants to TNR.....the things people will do for a buck,pathetic