Anyone own a Dyson Animal Vac?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My mom bought a Dyson upright about a month ago. I don't know what model it is, but it was $475 on sale, and she's thrilled with it. She has two dogs, a cat, and a bird, and her asthma has been much better since she got the vacuum.

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We've been thinking about getting one of those, too. I had a Eureka Boss that I thought worked okay (worked as well as all other bag-vacs I've had), but then I found a Fantom on sale a few years ago. I'll never go back to a bagged-vac again!!! The Fantoms aren't nearly as expensive, so I'm wondering what the differences are. I would think any bagless would out-perform any bagged vac, by a lot.

Anyway, my next-to-new Eureka wouldn't pick up the fuzz balls that came off my new electric blanket... the Fantom sucked 'em right up!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Lorie, do you mean the attachment brushes? If so we don't use them anyway.
No, I mean the brushes on the underside of the vacuum cleaner. Those brushes help pull dirt out of the carpet fibers.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My MIL has the Animal Dyson.
When she bought it, she vacuumed her entire house with her 'old' heppa vac.
Them she vacuumed the entire house with her Dyson, the Dyson had to be emptied twice before she finished.
We were all very impressed.

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Mum has a Dyson animal vac and its great, does the job brilliantly. She owns two white longhaired dogs so I'm sure it would be perfect for cat fur as well!!