Anyone need a Siamese?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats took over a year to integrate with Scully but I made it work, a pet is for life and people really need to remember that.

Do they not realise that their kitten would be much easier to rehome than a 9 year old cat, regardless of breed?

Anyway, I hope they find a home for their Siamese with someone who cares about it rather than 'gets rid of it'.

If it is indeed Siamese, try the purebred rescue:

Chicagoland Purebred Rescue and Referral: baxterbox at msn.com
Siamese Rescue Central: kssrc at siameserescue.org
Specialty Purebred Cat Rescue: www.purebredcatrescue.org

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i make no apology than to say that these people make me sick. having brought into my home and my 3 cats home, a new cat who totally upset the apple cart, i dealt with it. ok, chaperoning and at times, united nations peace keeping, became a normal part of my existence.

but i, me, no one else, just me, had chosen to bring another cat into my other cats peaceful existence. so i put in the extra work.

jeez, i just don't 'get' these people who think you can bring home cats and they will all get along wonderfully.

my tabitha will tell you in no uncertain terms that the boys and coco annoy her. but she would also tell you how meowmy steps in and stops it getting nasty.

nuff said.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

my tabitha will tell you in no uncertain terms that the boys and coco annoy her. but she would also tell you how meowmy steps in and stops it getting nasty.

nuff said.
The difference is, you actually care about your cats

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

The difference is, you actually care about your cats
we just can't understand their mentality can we. it's completely alien to us. and thank goodness it is.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My advice to your friends? It will be much easier for them to find a new home for a young cat than an older one. If the house dynamics changed that much when they brought the last youngster in, then they have reached their limit and they need to rehome the newest cat.

And for the record, I agree with the sentiment of everyone here - why give up a family member that you've had for 9 years? Are there other circumstances that they are not sharing with you?