Anyone like Wine?

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a vineyard in Gold Hill, OR that is my current fav even though I can't get their wine out here. Their Vigioner is great as is their Cabernet Franc.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I miss drinking wine, but before I was PG we always had wine in the apt. After the baby comes, I'm done nursing, and somehow able to get out of the house I want to go out to dinner and order a drink!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind wine. But I am not much of a drinker and go months and even years without having alcohol of any kind. I rarely buy it because when I do have wine, 1 or 2 glasses is more than enough for me and the rest usually gets thrown out.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't care for wine but DH loves charndonney. I have been able to find good wines at the 99 Cent Store! These are from different areas. I have gotten California and Australian wines as well as from other areas. All for 99 cents a bottle! And he said they were good wines too!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Its a Yiddish word.
http://www.yourdictionary.com/shicker
On Purim, which is about the same time as Mardi/Gras, Carnival, is a time to dress up and get drunk. Long biblical story and I am not going to explain it.

Anyway, I live in Northern CA. I am not sure that you are allowed to live here if you don't like wine.

I have some favorite vineyards but mostly I types of wine, like sauvignon blacs, pinot grigio for whites and merlot or petite syrah for reds. I very much like Spanish wines, too.

We have 1 vineyard and 3 wineries in my county. The vineyard, run for years by an Italian family, has the best white and red wines that are good for everyday tasting so they are very good for cooking.

musicalbookworm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wine lover here. I love trying wines from small local wineries. My favorite is the Oliver Winery in Bloomington, IN. (Did my graduate work there.) Kansas and Missouri actually produce some pretty good wines. One of the local wineries used to make a scrumptous watermelon wine and their peach is to die for!

Yes, I love fruit wines. Yes, I realize this means I can't be a propper wine snob.

Angie

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Why don't you live closer to me!!!!!

I do the almost the same thing on Fridays!!-well not the video games but the drink a bottle of wine.

I think I only have about 7 bottles of wine left in the house though.
Lol
. I look forward to my Fridays all week and get upset the odd time we do have to do soemthing. We have been playign the Wii Fridays. I just like to drink and do mindless stuff. Sometimes we will watch a movie, or taped show.

Funny we do the same thing!!! I am not alone!