Anyone know what this is? *Gross skin pic*

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son Jacob had something that looked like that, I took him to the dermatolagist and they said it was exzema. They gave him some cream to put on it that you can get over the counter called "Vanicream" and then some RX cream stuff! We had tried everything before this and nothing had worked to get rid of it, so needless to say we were tickled pink that it worked! The vanicream has nothing bad for you in there, and doesn't smell bad or anything! We use that on his whole body and then if he starts to get a spot will put the other stuff just on the spot! So maybe you could get it checked out just to be sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the help, guys

Went to Boots and they were really busy so just spoke to the woman serving and she said use some E45 cream so got that.

Then this afternoon I had a phone call. It was the doctors surgery!
The doctor wants to see me because I stopped collecting my prescriptions so I`ve got to go and see him next friday for a telling off
But I will ask him about it while I`m there. May as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

The patches, I`ve been mostly sticking them on my upper arms and legs. Not stuck any near where this has come up. Oh, and it appeared in March last year but went down after about 4 weeks.

Will defo look for that cream if he says it`s excema!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say, went to the docs friday and he said it`s a kind of eczema. Asked him if it was fungal and he said no

So he`s given me some Eumovate cream and it`s almost gone

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Maybe Shingles?

Shingles always show up in the same place on your body..and they are caused by Chicken pox virus. They look like that and its very itchy..normally a period of over exertion will cause them to come out.

I got it once when I climbed a mountain. Have you had any crazy over exertions lately? Have you had chicken pox before?
Awww, I missed your post! Sorry!

Yeah, I had chicken pox when I was 18 months old and I swear it`s my earliest memory.

The pain!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That doesn't look like shingles. Shingles typically appears on the torso and while it's in patches, it travels along the nerve path and is not just itchy, but is also one of the most painful things you can experience. I know...I've had shingles
I'm lucky that I recognized it and went to the doctor right away and got antiviral pills and didn't have any post pain which remains with you literally forever!

Only your doctor will be able to tell you what it is. I suggest you go and see him instead of trying to self diagnose.