anyone know the breed of this kitten?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its not easy to see on such young kittens.  6 weeks?

Its not at all sure he will be longhaired, it may be just baby fuzziness.  Also, the teddy bear face will probably change.   He wont be modern siamese / oriental with their prolonged faces and muzzles, but may become almost any other look alike...

If you dont know what breed, the most probable into 99% is he is a domestic.

But we wont know any sure details before at least 4 weeks more.

Good luck!

Last edited:

coquinashuman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ya it is very hard to say at that age. Even the coat length is questionable. I am taking a shot in the dark but would guess medium length on the coat possible longhair. What is his story? At  this point I agree domestic. Good looking boy. Post again in afew months and maybe we will no more than.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quon007

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well i am in the army. An i judt moved to germany about a month ago. My friend told me to look on www.puppiesingermany.com if i wanted a dog. But then i saw this kitten on the cat section of the website. An i been trying to email the website owner about the cat but she wont answer and i even submitted serveral requests like her website says. Does the kitten look a little red?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well i am in the army. An i judt moved to germany about a month ago. My friend told me to look on www.puppiesingermany.com if i wanted a dog. But then i saw this kitten on the cat section of the website. An i been trying to email the website owner about the cat but she wont answer and i even submitted serveral requests like her website says. Does the kitten look a little red?
Not answering is rude, but here we perhaps have an explanation.  Army guys, alike students, are often not the best of animal owners.   They move sooner or later, and not so few just abandon their cat...   NOT popular among us cat lovers. 

So, if you still want to adopt a kitten / cat / dog,  be sure to  have a plan B; what to do with that animal the day you are ordered to move to some other base.  Or if your superiors demand of you to get rid of your pet.   And being military, you may be ordered with a short notice, no?   Literally maybe just a few hours.

And thus, do mention your plan B in your correspondence with the site owner, etc...

Also, as the kitten is so young, 5-6 weeks, you will surely wait on it some time.   A little depending on other circumstances, alike if he is still with a human friendly mom, or alone without proper caretaker.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

.  Army guys, alike students, are often not the best of animal owners.   They move sooner or later, and not so few just abandon their cat...   NOT popular among us cat lovers. 

So, if you still want to adopt a kitten / cat / dog,  be sure to  have a plan B; what to do with that animal the day you are ordered to move to some other base.  Or if your superiors demand of you to get rid of your pet.   And being military, you may be ordered with a short notice, no?   Literally maybe just a few hours.
Ok, what shall a poor soldier do, when he loves animals, but has difficulty in organizing a reliable plan B?   I take you DO have possibility to have the cat in your place??  As long you dont get transport orders, the cat will live good, healthy and happy with you??

An advice may be, to have cats just on short term basis.   For example, cooperate with some shelter nearby and help them foster shy semiferales.   Or be their temporal home for cats who need a place to be several days or weeks.  These cats will be usually tame, but may be a little shy.

Or even - if my experiences from bases and campuses are true, and there ARE  some / a lot of abandoned cats around your place - a natural source of cats to care and give love is these cats.

Either you help these abandoned cats, or you take a cat from another soldier who just got his transportations order, and is anxious to quickly find a working solution.

See, there are solutions even for soldiers and students!

Good luck!    @quon007