Anyone know of a high energy/good get-out-aggression toy???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mylilscout

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all and thanks again for the update. I went to PetCo today and got:

The Cat Dancer
The Play Paw
The Cat Charmer
Catnip Bubbles
And new cat teaser attahments, including a new Da Bird attachmentt piece.

Scout is ssoo excited!!!

In fact when I put the bag down on the couch he went right for it, pulled out the Da Bird attachment piece and ran off with it to the bathroom shower (where he likes to carry his "pray" off to)

I'm gonna go play with the litte one. Thanks again guys!

lucius&cissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought a Cat Dancer 2 days ago and my cats go crazy over it. It's totally amazing. Maybe they can't see the wire part, I'm not sure, but they go in total attack mode.

But using it seems to drive Cissa absolutely wild and it's almost a bit scary. Perhaps someone can explain what this behavoir is. She gets really chatting in her mouth, her mouth is open and it kind of chatters. She makes funky sounds, and I don't think they are breathing related, because she did it within a few moments of playing this morning. Is she just totally excited by this toy?

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like Scout is gonna have lots of fun!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mylilscout

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Scout has been having a blast! I love to see him so happy and it seems like that now that he has more things to play with, his aggression has subsided a bit (on me) and he tends to come up on me for love pets and head butts now
This makes me ssssooo very happy

Although some times when I try to pet him he still jumps onto my arm and bites me

Lucius&Cissa - In regard to you chatter question, it seems like kittens do this when they are really excited!! Scout tends to chatter sometimes when I use certain play toys with him. I am sure the experts on here will be able to provide a more detailed response, but Scout does it when he gets "jumped up" for a chase

i am furniture

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just picked up the Cat Dancer yesterday. Lightning loves it. He went right for it as soon as I took it out of the bag from Pet Valu. I go the one with the wall mount and stuck it to my fridge. I may have to adjust the height but regardless he loves it.

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I love KirbySticks because of their length and their flexibility - they are easy for cats to wrap around their paws and really wrestle with.

Another that I love is the Furball Frenzy - two interlocking circles in plush fabric, with catnip inside and a secure bell inside one of the circles.

An indestructible great ball toy with catnip and bell inside is the Monkey's Fist - it is an actual sailors knot made out of sisal rope.
I wanted to add...

After reading (and replying earlier) to this thread, I went ahead and bought the KirbySticks and the Monkey's Fist from Pat & Alix (http://www.catniptoys.com/)...

Cosmo hasn't shown much interest (yet) in the Monkey's Fist, but he ADORES the (loves loves LOVES!) the KirbySticks!! I don't know what it is about them, but he just went nuts when I swung one around on the floor for him. They were smaller than I thought they'd be, and when I opened them it was another of those "he's gonna like this??" moments... but he just DIGS them so much!

So thanks Pat & Alex!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad the kirbysticks are a hit, and I hope he comes to love the Monkey's Fist as well - heaven knows it is practically indestructible, so it will be around a long while

chatnoir

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats have always loved regular old Peacock feathers and those carpet remnent squares in the berber texture. We roll them up with the carpet on the outside so the feathers can be peeked through it. When P.Kits is feeling a little aggressive, he'll climb on top of the carpet tube and haul off on the carpet with his hind legs while hugging it with his front paws.

Tires him out, and gets his ya-yas out!