Anyone know about Feline Greenies Dental Treats?

breamarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats love greenies, but they aren't particularly picky. I heard that greenies aren't that great for dental health because they're not big enough. So I bought some bigger ones the other day at Petco (don't remember the brand), but they won't eat them. I do hear them crunching on them, so hopefully they're doing something, teeth-wise.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine always chew theirs. *shrugs* In fact, they "kill" it before eating it for some reason, lol! Pick it up with the teeth, big head shake, then crunch it to bits.

heathen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Only one of my cats will eat them, and he swallows them whole. XD Plus they have things in them that upset his stomach (he's the Allergic-To-Everything baby I have) and so I stopped buying them. Instead I add that stuff (forgot the name) to their water to help control tartar and when I feel particularly suicidal, I smear enzymatic toothpaste onto their teeth. All my cats have great teeth except for Ember, my Munchkin, who has tooth problems from her former life as a shelter cat. We're working to improve her situation now.

Greenies are not a part of her solution, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luna and Midnight do seem to like them, so I've been giving them a couple. They don't get sick or anything with it. As for it helping Midnight's tooth fall out. That didn't happen. His tooth was pulled.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Perla won't eat greenies. But Pipsqueak, Perkins and Presley will even chew on those teenie dog greenies!! It actually did help during teething when they wanted to chew on everything, even wanted to chew on a small glass horse statue I have in the house..
Perkins and Presley love to take their time chewing these and it actually loosened one of Presley's molars enough that it just fell out right.

I don't let them have these nearly as often as they would like, but it is a special treat. I showed Magilla one and she ran in her tent to hide
She is just learning about all of these inside living cat things. Brushing her teeth, well, that will be awhile

minniesunshine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my sunshine is addicted to them. if I she even hears me touch the bag, she runs over to the cabinet where I keep them. I actually give her about 10 a day but she is 14lbs. she just loves them so much. they better not turn out to be bad for cats. after hearing about the jerky treats killing pets, im

Miura72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How can my 6 month kitten has tartar buildup?I has one adult cat that has tartar and gingivitis.So give them bottle tropiclean water additive in their water fountain.I has about half bottle of tropiclean not used.I also feed my kitten 3 greenies treat .I not feed treat to my kitten everyday .I think i had done big mistake.

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had an 18 yr old Siamese that was losing her appetite and we fed her many a day of these treats cause she loved them. She had amazing healthy gums/teeth the vet said, even before Greenies and she ate dry food her entire life-lived to 19 yrs old- she would not eat any wet food and we tried many kinds. We never gave her dry food with any corn in it.
She would probably have lived to be well over 20 as dry food is bad for cats- I wish I was a member of this site back then and knew all I know now about cat nutrition. Wysong sells Denta Treat powder for cats and dogs which has cheese as first 3 ingredients. Why? cheese coats teeth and prevents plaque/tartar build up. I read recently that cheese does same for our mouths. Who woulda thought?

Last edited: