Anyone into the tiered tray trend?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is the tiered tray trend? A two or three tiered tray with decorative items placed on each tier. It's a home decor thing.

My friend has a two tiered one and changes the decor for the season or holiday.

I found an inexpensive small two tier tray at Target and have three (Easter) rabbit figurines (also Target finds) on it so far. The top tier is 5.5 inches in diameter and the bottom one is 7.5 inches. I'm not sure what else to put on it :think: Tiered trays have a theme so with the rabbits I'd have to keep the Easter / spring theme. Maybe mini faux plants? Or more woodland critters for an animal theme? So far the cats are leaving it alone but I still plan to use museum putty on the figurines and tray legs to keep the cats from knocking it off the table.

20220301_175531[1].jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they look beautiful but I am terrible at staging something like that. There is one at the thrift store that speaks to me every time I go in. So far I have managed not to purchase it but you never know.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just got an email from Christmas Tree Shop and they have a lot of things that would work -

Easter
012822_LP_Easter-Tip-1-FrontCenter_248x248.jpg

There's one at my mother's house that I think she got as a wedding gift int he 50's. I was going to get rid of but maybe I should repurpose it for this. :think: I think it's too clunky though.

IMG_3901.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think it's clunky at all :) I can see a sort of Victorian-theme with that tiered tray.

I'll look at Christmas Tree Shop for decor items. And Target's Bullseye "dollar section" again. My friend suggested carrots :lol: I did see some faux carrots at Target. They're a bit on the large side for my mini tiered tray but I could make them work.

Etsy has tons of decor kits, even cat ones like this one https://www.etsy.com/listing/1058356371/cat-tiered-tray-decor-tiered-tray-signs :tabbycat:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have a wooden (teak) tiered stand with a pineapple on the top. The pineapple leaves are little spoons. It was given to me by our good friends. When he was in the service, he was stationed in the Far East, He got two stands, I think from Hong Kong: one he gave to his wife and the other was for his mom. When she passed away, he told his wife he wanted me to have it. I put it out last year and had it out for the autumn season. When they came to visit, I always put appetizers and such in it. Sadly, both husband and wife are gone now. I miss them terribly.

Now I want to look for bunnies!

Here's a picture of it from last fall. I'm not good at staging things at all!
StandOne.jpg

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like your pineapple tray :) I don't think there's any right or wrong way to place decor on a tiered tray as long at the whole thing looks somewhat cohesive :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I added a scented candle (for decorative purposes only) and two faux mini succulents :)

20220304_124516[1].jpg

I thought I saw decorative sisal carrots at Target but when I went back I didn't find any. I'll have to get some from Etsy. That's museum putty on the tray legs. It's a teeny bit wobbly so the putty helps level the legs.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just noticed my mother has a plate stand version she’s been changing out for the seasons. Its mostly the plates themselves that she’s been changing though. And I don’t think she knows its a trend.

They look fun to put together but experience has shown me that I WILL go overboard. :paperbag: :lol:

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I added a scented candle (for decorative purposes only) and two faux mini succulents :)

View attachment 412767

I thought I saw decorative sisal carrots at Target but when I went back I didn't find any. I'll have to get some from Etsy. That's museum putty on the tray legs. It's a teeny bit wobbly so the putty helps level the legs.
Adding a carpet of faux grass or even a cut piece of fabric would help anchor the items. Hobby Lobby has several sizes of sissal carrots. I'd probably move the green succulent to the top tier, and maybe elevate one of the bunnies on the bottom somehow.

I love the green bunnies on the bottom and I think the plants add a lot of interest.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't do anything grass-like because Leroy will eat it :cringe: I did think about brown crinkle paper which would be safe if ingested but decided to err on the side of caution because it's Leroy:doh::doh:. A fabric scrap is a good idea :agree: There's no Hobby Lobby near me but there is a Michael's.

I just noticed my mother has a plate stand version she’s been changing out for the seasons. Its mostly the plates themselves that she’s been changing though. And I don’t think she knows its a trend.

They look fun to put together but experience has shown me that I WILL go overboard. :paperbag: :lol:
I've never heard of the trend until my friend started a tiered tray last year and had a sort of farm / lemonade stand theme :)

I'm trying to not go overboard. After the Easter-ish theme, I'm just going to put a few general everyday items on the tiered tray. I think my friend is planning a Memorial Day / summer theme next.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pretty! I can see Easter deocrations or even Easter cupcakes and candy and snacks on it :)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have recently gotten into tiered tray (like I don't have enough seasonal decor already :rolleyes: ). This is my Easter one.
easter_tray.jpg