Anyone in South Chicago burbs willing to help?

fostermom28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been fostering for some time now and a couple of months ago, I set up an adoption center with PetSmart in Orland Park, IL. It's been hugely successful with lots and lots of adoptions; however, it's a TON of work for just one person to handle.

Is there anyone in the area that would be willing to volunteer a day here and there for these kitties? I don't want to give this thing up, but it's really wearing on me fast.

Karen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermom28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Wouldn't this make more sense in the SOS section?? I would also suggest you post this on the Petfinder message board:

http://www.petfinder.com/messageboard/index.php

Katie
I suppose that It might make more sense there, but I am asking for Help in "caring for Stray cats".

I have posted in the petfinder boards, but thanks for the tip.

Karen

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Karen- I wish I was there to help you

I was wondering if you could post an ad in your local paper asking for help, or does Petsmart have a bulletin board where you could post an ad? I am sure it wouldn't take long for someone who loves cats to come to your rescue
BTW I think it's great what your doing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermom28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Karen- I wish I was there to help you

I was wondering if you could post an ad in your local paper asking for help, or does Petsmart have a bulletin board where you could post an ad? I am sure it wouldn't take long for someone who loves cats to come to your rescue
BTW I think it's great what your doing!
Thanks, it's really nice to hear. I have been asking the adoptors of past cats if they could help out (and generally, anyone I see at PetSmart). I do have a WONDERFUL 13 year old girl who helps me out on Sunday mornings, cleaning the kennels and socializing the cats. She's so mature and a really fantastic to work with. I've also got one woman to help me out with washing the beds, once per week.

This whole thing is new to me, and my group, as we have never used the Adoption center for full time care at PetSmart before. I've gotta tell you all out there though that PetSmart ROCKS!!! The management and employees could not be more helpful and accomidating to me and my group and the Banfield Vet Clinic is also a god-send. I really can't complain.....just tired, i guess.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a really good person who posts on the Petfinder message boards named CatsRus....I know she is also in the Chicago area so you may want to send her a quick IM and see if she can provide you with any tips or recommendations.

Katie