Anyone here work for McDonalds?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure Egg McMuffins have actual eggs.

I worked at Arby's many, many years ago, and we were just starting the breakfast thing, and we were supposed to cook our eggs by using these metal rings on a grill. But it was too hard to get them to cook quickly enough so we just scrambled them on the grill.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it is deffinately on which Mcds you stop at the guy that runs the two here is a moron, 9 out of 10 you get half raw hamburgers or half done fries--this is DH food from there. Ive got froze parfaits parfaits with bad fruit and rotted salads from the ones here

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see things like freshness varying from location to location. but aren't the methods they use the same everywhere?

I'm not talking about automation. because some places do things differently. eg: the mcdonalds here has automated frymakers. nobody handles them. it's a conveyer belt. Same with sodas. when they're ordered the cups come down, fill up then move to the end.

But I think things like eggs would be the same everywhere? Just a guess obviously but it would seem strange since McDonalds is real big on consistency between stores. Least I thought they were

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you would think, But some MCD do taste better then others.
There are 2 around here that are hmm at best not bad.

the others, not so good, everything is under cooked or over cooked,
the 2 that seem to do ok are the ones that have mostly older people working in like 60 plus.

lol you should go to Indo, where MCD is seen as good eating.
the one we used to go to even had candles on the table, and the scary part, is it really tasted like real food.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Real eggs are cracked into little circle moulds for mcmuffins, and they have premixed cartons of eggs for the scrambled eggs that go into the big breakfast type meals. Even the premixed ones are real though...but the mcmuffins ones are freshly cracked into the little moulds.

I worked there for 2 years about 10 years ago..but I always watch them in the kitchen when I go into a McD'S.