Anyone here quit smoking with patches?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

For those who are quitting, how is it going?
Today is day 4 on Chantix and I am down from +15 smokes to 7 today. When I have one it's like smoking for the first time. I get dizzy and sick to my stomach. I smoked mostly am to early pm today which is the opposite of my habit.

You can do it!
Well done!

Whens the big quit day?

I have to admit I had 3 drags on a cigarette friday
I was really stressed out and though I knew I didn`t want to I still did it
But no slips since then. Today I`ve wanted one because Kitty is at the vets and that`s making me nervous which is one of the times I used to smoke a lot. But there`s none in the house now so must keep busy!

Good luck with your quit!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Well done!

Whens the big quit day?

I have to admit I had 3 drags on a cigarette friday
I was really stressed out and though I knew I didn`t want to I still did it
But no slips since then. Today I`ve wanted one because Kitty is at the vets and that`s making me nervous which is one of the times I used to smoke a lot. But there`s none in the house now so must keep busy!

Good luck with your quit!
I didn't pick a date. Everytime I pick a date I fail. This time I am just talking it day by day.

Are you still have weird dreams? My mom is now starting to have vivid dreams on Chantix. It's been 8 hours without a smoke. Today was her quit date. She found one last cig and took to drags and burned it completely down so she couldn't relight it. LMAO

petstorejunkie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I quit smoking I got down to the final 10 cigarettes, and went on a camping trip far away from civilization and convenience stores. I had my last cigarette, squatted next to a tent in 30* windy weather, waited about an hour and then slapped the patch on. A day later I walked out of the woods a non smoker. Did the patch for another 7 days and have never looked back.
Being a non smoker, and being truimphant over it is definatly something to be proud of. congrats on day 5!!!
I still have weird dreams about once a quarter about being in a bar or something and someone offering me a cig, then taking it not thinking, and then freaking out "AAAH what the heck am i doing?!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I didn't pick a date. Everytime I pick a date I fail. This time I am just talking it day by day.

Are you still have weird dreams? My mom is now starting to have vivid dreams on Chantix. It's been 8 hours without a smoke. Today was her quit date. She found one last cig and took to drags and burned it completely down so she couldn't relight it. LMAO
You can do it! I know what you mean though. There were so many times when I still smoked and thought, 'This is horrible and I don`t want to do it', but carried on anyway
Then when you do decide to stop and pick a day, you put loads of pressure on yourself by thinking, 'Only 2 left and then no more EVER!' So much easier to do it gradually and when you are ready.

Sounds like your doing a grand job though!
Congrats to your mum too! I slipped up coz I had a packet in the drawer that someone gave me from Slovakia and I felt bad about chucking them.
So friday night they went under the tap and into the bin.

I think the dreams are still quite vivid for me but I`m not laying awake for hours now.

Way to go, Petstorejunkie! Great idea!