• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Sounds like you have a good dentist
I like him, plus he has two cats so he's off to a good start with me
His surgery is where i used to live which is about 1 1/2 hours away because i don't drive, but dentists are like vets, you find a good one so stick with them

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Susan, do you have Zoom whitening there? The trays can be very sensitive on your teeth and gums. I tried it, but it way too painful for me.

With Zoom, your teeth are whitened with a Laser light and it takes about 1 hour versus the 2 weeks with the trays. Its fantastic!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Susan, do you have Zoom whitening there? The trays can be very sensitive on your teeth and gums. I tried it, but it way too painful for me.

With Zoom, your teeth are whitened with a Laser light and it takes about 1 hour versus the 2 weeks with the trays. Its fantastic!
He never mentioned it although there were notices up about both of them in the waiting room. I have a feeling that although this procedure is expensive the laser might be even more, i'll ask him in a couple of weeks about it though because i have to go back

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dentist only did the tray whitening, so I had to go to another dentist for the Zoom. But the difference was only $50.00 here.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have sensitive teeth, and thin enamel (hence the stubborn stains
) and I used a sensitive tooth toothpaste while I did the tray whitening, and just took a break for a night or 2 if they got touchy. It worked really well, and now I just use an over the counter nighttime whitener for touch ups.
Good luck!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a false front tooth (the big top middle one), so if I get my teeth whitened it'll mismatch that tooth. If I wanted teeth whitening, I'd have to get a false tooth afterwards, and regularly whiten my teeth, so for me it's not worth it.