Anyone have experience with Halo brand cat food?

josiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Halo's Healthy Weight formula used to be all little, "spaghetti O's." Over the months after switching to
it my cat dropped from over 15 lbs. to high 13's. Some months back they apparently replaced the shape
with little, "chips," which are also darker and it appears as a result she is gaining back weight; breaking
15 lbs. today. I suspect what you experienced was some left-overs during packaging. Did you ask Halo before
"writing them off?"
My neighbors cat died age 18. Lived his whole life on dry food. Another friends cat recently died; 20 years old; also always only ate "low end" dry food. Both were small-average sized, NON overweight males. Of course one could argue maybe they both might have lived longer,
on different diet, but one also should look at average lifespan's.
This was in wet food, not dry. And they were actually pasta noodles. Yes, I contacted them but received no response.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
T
I don't understand this. I have family and friends who have fed their cats nothing but cheap Meow Mix and their cats are old and have never had health problems. What is so wrong with the brand I want to buy? I thought it was good :( The vet couldn't do a stool sample because his poop was too mucusy but he said 99% chance he had worms and dewormed him and gave me Albon. I'm getting my cat fixed soon and they are going to have to do a stool sample. And yes I've tried basically everything to get him to eat his wet lately, even putting some treats on top.
those people were lucky, dry diet not advised, especially for male cat due to blockages. Dry food can lead to diabetes later.