anyone have ararmarkat cat tree?

lovewhiskers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have one and they love it. It's really tall and it has tons of perches and condos for occupancy
...We have a 16lb boy and he fits just fine.

Often when I walk by I see two babies using it at the same time.

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I won one on Ebay, but it hasn't come yet. I did get the one covered with faux fur instead of carpet. I don't want to give them the idea that carpet is okay to sharpen their claws on.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got one several years ago, and ordered another one, but it smelled so bad I stuck it in the attic and never used it.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the one I have:

My cats love it - I have one 18lb cat, one 13 lb, and one 10lb... they are often together in it, and the only problem my 18lb has, is the problem he has jumping
, but he surely gets himself up there! Right now he is in that middle box, and the other 2 in the perches...
They use it all the time, and I mean ALL the time - either to play or to sleep... Definitely a great way to spend kitty budget, no question about it!!!

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only Armarkat tree I have is this one. It's just a set of stairs I bought so that Tre can get up and down from my bed without having to climb up the sheets. Nothing fancy, but they seem well made, reasonably priced, and also make a good scratching post.

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the same one as Carolinalima!
Best gift I ever gave my little ones. It is used every day by at least three at a time. They especially love sharpening their claws on the posts. I am at the point where I have to reapply some new sisal, but I have had it for over two years.
As a matter of fact, I am looking to buy another one for another room.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They look really nice! But I have to confess, when I saw your post, I read it wrong and thought you were asking about a breed of cat. I saw a word that looked something like Meerkat...and...please excuse me, I'm very tired.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes and definitely recommend you get one too! Taller, the better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

This is the one I have:

My cats love it - I have one 18lb cat, one 13 lb, and one 10lb... they are often together in it, and the only problem my 18lb has, is the problem he has jumping
, but he surely gets himself up there! Right now he is in that middle box, and the other 2 in the perches...
They use it all the time, and I mean ALL the time - either to play or to sleep... Definitely a great way to spend kitty budget, no question about it!!!
I really like this one, I'm just worried it's too big. It's for our office and we're going to put it in a corner next to a bookshelf and a window. I also like this one. http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-...1/prod_28.html but I'm worried the house is a little small...my cat is about 14lbs.

This one: http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-...1/prod_27.html

and this one: http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-...2/prod_24.html

I only have one cat, so even though I like yours with 2 houses, it might be a little much for us.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Petco now carries some of this brand is in mostly medium sizes

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have inactive or mildly active cats, these trees are fine. Obviously the price is much better, but keep in mind, you get what you pay for.

Since you only have the one cat, this is probably a good tree for you.

For active breeds they are much too flimsy and the materials used to make them wear out really fast. Once upon a time I had 3 of the tall ones. Not a single one of them made it past 6 months.

All my trees are now custom made from raw wood with high grade carpet and they are bengal proof.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

If you have inactive or mildly active cats, these trees are fine. Obviously the price is much better, but keep in mind, you get what you pay for.

Since you only have the one cat, this is probably a good tree for you.

For active breeds they are much too flimsy and the materials used to make them wear out really fast. Once upon a time I had 3 of the tall ones. Not a single one of them made it past 6 months.

All my trees are now custom made from raw wood with high grade carpet and they are bengal proof.
I will say custom made by you is not hard.. I know the bengal proof trees are spendy... but making one that is sturdier than most is not $$ nor hard...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is the one reservation I've had of the Armarkat trees - they don't seem like solid construction. I've heard more reports than I care to of perches breaking off.

I bought a locally made cat tree not too long ago which is quite tall, but not terribly well built and is very wobbly - too much so for my girls who aren't terribly big, and not ridiculously active, but they do like to wrestle on it. It scares me and I'll be getting rid of it very soon... I wish I had have spent a bit more and gotten a better quality tree.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I bought mine close to a year ago, or so? It is going strong, with two very active kitties who use it every day, A LOT.
But sure, they ARE NO Bengals!
I have it by the wall for extra stability, and Lucky (13lbs) and Hope 10lbs run up and down that thing constantly!
Bugsy, 18lbs goes up only to run away from me, or to take his naps on the top perches, but nonetheless he goes, and it takes his weight well.
From time to time I check all the screws to make sure all are tight.
I thought the carpet would be damaged by now, but on the contrary, not damaged at all.
The only thing I did was to replace the hanging toys for better ones... Aside from that I am one very satisfied customer...
Yes, I would LOVE to get a better, tree, rustic looking, real tree branches, custom made, etc, but that would cost me 5-6 times more, and my cats would like it all the same for the time being.

But for sure, for cats like Bengals, Savanahs, etc, I can see how this would not last.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one that I love. I doubt that I will every buy another brand. They are affordable, but much more sturdy than trees that cost the same price. But then again I don't have Bengels, LOL!

I am satisfied with mine, I have had it for about 2 yrs. I do need to replace the sisal on it, but that happens with all cat trees. I will be getting a 2nd one from them in a few months.

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
update:

I ordered this one off of ebay for about $110. http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-...1/prod_28.html

I ordered it Tuesday night and it's out for delivery right now. I'll update again when we get it put together. I wanted a bigger one, but it's going to be in our home office, so we didn't want anything too wide.

Thanks for all the help.

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by venusgirltrap

update:

I ordered this one off of ebay for about $110. http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-...1/prod_28.html

I ordered it Tuesday night and it's out for delivery right now. I'll update again when we get it put together. I wanted a bigger one, but it's going to be in our home office, so we didn't want anything too wide.

Thanks for all the help.
Ok I got it and my cat *LOVES* it. It looks much bigger in person than the pics...delivery was super fast (they're located in the same state). Also, the pics looked pinkish, but it's an off white. The size is perfect for one cat and I was worried that the 15x15 perches might me a little small for my cat (she's about 14lbs) but they're just fine. She even bites on the rope part sometimes and I thought it would get no use. Also, it says pressed wood, but my BF swears it's plywood. Seems very sturdy...our 65lbs dog has put her front paws on it and it just wobbles a bit, but I put a large book on the base for that reason (I knew the dog would do that). I haven't had it for long, but just with one cat I'm sure it will hold up for years and the price was good.

nolia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got this one as a gift
http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-...1/prod_27.html

My cats LOVE it. My 7 year old took about a week to get used to it, she didn't go on it the first few days. My 1 year old took to it right away. But now they use it all the time.

The tree itself is amazing. Delivery no so much. They stack everything compact and one piece was wedged into another causing damage to one of the condos. =/ I wrote a review but they never published it.

The assembly wasn't too comlicated. Just read pictures lol. The fluffy balls were destroyed in less than a day or so (they had a back up, but even using that one it got destroyed), so I went out to buy new ones, but different ones from the pet store.

One thing that sucks, is the constant vaccuuming lol.