Anyone have an Air Fryer?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds complicated to make fries or wings. I wonder if those air fryers with the paddle that stirs the food for you would work better although I'm not sure how something like a whole pork chop would work with a paddle.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't even know they made one with a paddle. That's interesting. It's not complicated. When I first started looking at it, I thought it was complicated, but it's really not.

Oh, Mooch, I want to add, too, that I've not had any smoke what-so-ever. None. And clean-up has been easy. I did let the basket and the rack soak for a while tonight in the sink in hot, soapy water. Took my brush and scrubbed the rack and basket down a bit and threw them in the dishwasher; yes, they are dishwasher-safe.

Last edited:

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
huh well I'm glad the chicken turned out well, they look good. So if the wings on the rack cooked better than the ones underneath in the basket, then after half of the cooking time, couldn't you rotate? When I've seen air dryers before, it's like a giant cylindrical container with multiple racks & that's where the people put the food, like every 4 or 5 inches, there is another rack. Those are commercial & I'm sure would cost an arm & a leg so it seems the rack on yours is the same kind of concept, just on a smaller scale.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, you could rotate them. The book didn't even say to put half on the rack; it said to just put everything in the basket. But I did them half and half and I think they turn out better that way. YMMV. Overall, they're good and we are pleased.

ilona

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a big boss oil-less fryer, for over 2 years now and I love it. Not that great for French fries(mostly quantity wise) but I use it for chicken and wings, ribs, roasted veggies and whatever else you can think

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Mooch, I want to add, too, that I've not had any smoke what-so-ever. None. And clean-up has been easy. I did let the basket and the rack soak for a while tonight in the sink in hot, soapy water. Took my brush and scrubbed the rack and basket down a bit and threw them in the dishwasher; yes, they are dishwasher-safe.
Oh that's great!! They look good!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The wings were really done well; I have to say that; they were. We really like our wings grilled with the bourbon sauce basted on them throughout, but these were good. I'm going to look for a few dry rubs we might be interested in checking out. We'll be doing them again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They sound so good! I might even get my kids interested in them if we find a seasoning they take to. My extremely picky godson loves lemon pepper chicken wings from a local place. That might be a tasty place to start.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tonight's experiment will be pork chops. I won't do a picture, but I'll report back.