Anyone Have An Aero Garden?

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
No fancy Aero Garden thing here, just various herbs, garlic, miniature African violets, and a couple other plants growing in my window shelves. Catnip and cat grass too! Also that handsome kitty boy. ;)
20190131_124252.jpg
Full view (sorry it's back-lit at the moment)

20190131_124532.jpg
Top shelf: Aloe, Rosemary, Basil, Cilantro (just sprouting), Parsley, Oregano, Thyme, Sage, and Garlic

20190131_125055.jpg
Bottom shelf: Catnip, Thai Basil (just sprouting), Dill (just sprouting), Miniature African Violets, and Mother of Thousands

20190131_124605.jpg
Windowsill... Cat Grass and Alasdair. :)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have an aero garden and absolutely love it. Usually I grow herbs in it, but in the past I've also grown lettuce in mine. I've seen tomatoes grown in them too, but I have a smaller version so haven't tried them.

I WISH I could grow stuff outside, but the sun and heat here won't allow for that. Only in winter, and nowadays the weather is so goofy that one day it may be 75 (in winter) and the next it might be below freezing, so I just don't try to outguess it.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Your plants are growing really well :)

m3rma1d m3rma1d where do you get your mini African Violets from? I got a few from THE VIOLET BARN - Violet Barn some years ago and they didn't do well :frown: Then again I can never get AVs to grow for very long.
I used to have like a hundred African violets and competed some in shows, and had/have a fairly popular blog (Fuzzy Foliage - These Ain't Yer Grandma's African Violets! it's still good, I just don't update it much since I don't grow as feverishly as I used to because now I have a job outside my home ugh whaaa)
and YouTube channel (m3rma1d) with instructional vids that still get a lot of hits. I do still love going to the big conventions when I can! Planning on the big National this year which will be in Houston TX.
Violet Barn is great! Rob and Olive are good people who make hybridize some of the best plants around. There's a photo tour (or two) of their greenhouse on my blog!
But my heart belongs to Paul at Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses. :) African Violets by Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses
A friend and I did a fancy video for them a few years back, kinda interesting because Paul tells the history a bit. Plus the real star of the show, Rocky the greenhouse kitty! :)

Honestly I was never good at plants but miniature African violets were my gateway drug hahahahaha

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard about The Violet Barn from a Martha Stewart Living magazine article. They have some really nice hybrids and chimeras. I don't recall which mini ones I bought but I probably have pictures somewhere for a separate thread on AVs. I'll check out your blog:agree:

AbbysMom AbbysMom is that little door in the AeroGarden where you add more water / fertilizer?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know what this silk plant in the picture is supposed to be? I want one, but only know that it isn't what I thought it was.
upload_2019-2-13_16-20-54.png

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy you are the goods!!! Yes, that's it. I'm not good at reverse research, not always good at straight forward research. And it's not poisonous to cats and dogs. It's on my GET IT list.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
How's the Aero Garden AbbysMom AbbysMom ?
My husband is on a phone meeting downstairs, so I'll have to take a pic later. They all did or are doing very well! The thyme is done now and the dill is petering out, but I had SO much dill. I still have a ton of thai basil.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just switched over last week from the herbs to petunias. :)