Anyone familiar with this cat tree/condo brand???

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One thing I DO really like about the Armarkat trees is all the sisal all over them. Many trees I've seen in the stores have little or no scratching surface other than carpet, and none of my cats have ever liked carpet for scratching.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have three cat trees from PetCo. They're very sturdy items with the rounded nest/beds that all cats seem to love so much.

I also have one from a cat show I went to about four years ago. IMO, what you find at cat shows are always going to be the best deals around.
You don't need to pay shipping, get sturdy construction, and have your pick of several different attractive designs. Usually, at the end of the show, the pieces get marked down as well so that the show dealers don't have to take them home.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a huge cat tree of that brand for my one cat. It has held up well and been a big hit. Ebay had a good deal, I believe around 70-80 for a cat tree that goes up as high as our doors, with a hammock and lots of posts.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am on my second Amarakat tree - and not because the first one broke - but rather because I was stupid and got an ivory colored tree. Well, 2 black cats turned that tree into a mess! So, I put it at my curb and I hope that someone is still enjoying it. For my second tree I went to 6' and navy blue fabric. Much better. I love all of the sisal rope for scratching - this is really saving my sofa. I got both trees from eBay- great prices. The sisal poles are very strong and heavy. I do think that the platforms are particle board, but the platforms on my tree are anchored with 2-3 poles each. We have a cat show coming to Bedford, NH next month and I am going to look for a "custom" tree there - and I will go at the last minute to see if I can get a good deal!

coriona_vanord

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I buy from armarcat, I previously posted a picture of it on another thread. I have 3 cats. 1 weighing 30 lbs ( my oldest Mow) Rambo weighing in at 15 and Kitterz, my sweet petite at 7 lbs (youngest). Until I got the scratcher the furniture was their battle grounds. I've had mine for 3 1/2 years, and they all jump ,scratch, scratch and jump some more, chase each other up and down, and really give that scratcher hell, but its lastest very well. If your worried about it being eventually whoobly just buy a few extra screws and place them at the base when you first assemble it. The reason I like mine so much is that the carpet doesn't shred as easily or everywhere, my last one was a scratcher I got from work (Petco) the carpet didn't last but a few months.My cats are definite couch killers after 6 months of having all 3 my couch when to full refurbished to being scratched down to the bare wood. I work at Petco, everything there is over priced, why simple marketing, the same reason you can go to Dollar General and buy the same box of cereal for $3 cheaper than Buy-Lo or Save-Alot. Also Armarkat is a wholesale company most of their products are sold to pet stores,breeders,rescues, etc. I would recommend it though. Whatever you decide hope your kits have a great play.