Anyone ever worked fast food?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could also try recipes.robbiehaf.com too.
I worked at a take and bake pizza place yrs ago- Since I love pizza it was great-we made out own sausage too!! I had pizza every day.
On the other hand I also worked (many yrs ago) for a catering firm that supplied all the food to the EAA convention and I stood by a sink and prepped raw chicken pieces for deep frying-it took over a year before I could stomach chicken again!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Ooops, it's not a tendercrisp chicken sandwich......it's a tendergrill. It's so good! I just wondered how the chicken got such a good taste!!
Oh that! That's what I ALWAYS get at BK - through all three names (BK Broiler, Chicken Whopper, and now the Tendergrill). When I worked there, they just came as frozen chicken that was sent though the same open flame grill thingie that the hamburgers are sent through.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

Rigel.. es como si tienes ir al baño frequentamente

Inferma!
Denise, you sorprise me!
Let me say "Congratulations" your spanish is great!

thanks for the "Explanation"! the message is clear that is ONLY for me!!!!!!!

( When Victor...a.k.a. read this , he died of laught!
...is a Puerto Rico Citizen and of course he talk spanish!)

Gracias Denise, eres muy amable!

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe I should ask you to help me learn some Spanish! I work at a State office in Florida, and a lot of our Miami callers only speak Spanish... we only have one person who can speak to them! I've been thinking on getting one of those programs to learn but I do well enough to speak English

Anyhoo, I've only worked at a pizza joint, and that was for two days. What can I say? I'm office material
. I love the original BK chicken sandwich for some reason... and try to stay away from knowing exactly what goes on behind the scenes at fast food... I don't want to know!
I'd rather just feel free to gorge on it and get fat with the rest of America

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds delicious, Susie!

We use to own a Pizza & Fish & Chip shop - it was VERY clean. It was a family gourmet pizza and healthy fish & chip shop. It has definitly not put me off fast food.

A friend of mine works at McDonalds, she hasn't told me any horror stories so I will continue to eat there. I hate Subway now though!

fatkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Denise, you sorprise me!
Let me say "Congratulations" your spanish is great!

thanks for the "Explanation"! the message is clear that is ONLY for me!!!!!!!

( When Victor...a.k.a. read this , he died of laught!
...is a Puerto Rico Citizen and of course he talk spanish!)

Gracias Denise, eres muy amable!
I recognized two words of that, and knew exactly what was said, LMAO!

Amber

fatkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Sounds delicious, Susie!

We use to own a Pizza & Fish & Chip shop - it was VERY clean. It was a family gourmet pizza and healthy fish & chip shop. It has definitly not put me off fast food.

A friend of mine works at McDonalds, she hasn't told me any horror stories so I will continue to eat there. I hate Subway now though!
What's wrong with Subway?? I worked at one in high school, and am starting there again in a week, and it was clean and nothing gross ever happened to the food. One thing I like about places like Subway is that the food never leaves your sight, so you don't have to worry about someone spitting in it, and you watch them wash thier hands, so you know thier hands are clean. It still one of my fave places to eat.

Amber

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure it depends on the exact restaurant you have worked at. I worked at BK and still absolutely love it, and this knowing what happens behind the scenes. I never saw anything that would have made me not like it, and besides we got an awesome employee discount on the meals.
Earl has worked and McDonalds and Subway, and he still loves both of those places too.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fatkitties

What's wrong with Subway?? I worked at one in high school, and am starting there again in a week, and it was clean and nothing gross ever happened to the food. One thing I like about places like Subway is that the food never leaves your sight, so you don't have to worry about someone spitting in it, and you watch them wash thier hands, so you know thier hands are clean. It still one of my fave places to eat.

Amber
Simple.

Because I do not like the food. I never said there was anything wrong with their hygene.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ARG NO!!! DONT EAT THAT SANDWICH!!! THEY CONTAIN MIND CONTROLLING DEVICES!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEE!!!!

O_O I swear. Once Iheard that commercial... I could not get it out of my head for TWO WEEKS until I finally gave in and bought a sandwich. O_O

Tender crisp bacon cheddar ranch, the breasts they grow on trees.... streams of bacon ranch dressing, flow right up to your knees.. there's tumbleweeds of bacon, and cheese will pave the street, you can have fun all day, all the lotto tickets pay, there's a king who wants you to have it your way, tender crisp bacon cheddaar ranch.

O_O SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES

the burger king here... well my mom is friends with everyone and the manager there.. said she got about four calls from people in our town saying they couldnt get the song out of their heads until they bougth a sandwich O_O weird huh?