Anyone ever have problems regulating a diabetic?

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last sunday I did a blood glucose curve on my cat Skylar. She had been on 7 units twice daily for about the past 8 months or so. I discovered her blood glucose was getting as low as 65. So my vet had me drop her down to 6 units... That afternoon I check her blood glucose... It was 45. I gave her honey and brought her into work with me so I can monitor her. (I work at a vets) Then we dropped her insulin to 5 units... then 4... then 2... now it seems 1 unit is keeping her in the low 200s range. The vet wants me to leave her at 1 unit for now to be on the safe side since she is afriad she might be turning non diabetic.

Has anyone else ever had this happen? Did your cats diabetes return? Anything you can share with me about it would be sooo helpful.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No personal experience but I have discussed some of this with my vets ... they often use EVO and have fewer issues with relapses

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is currently on purina DM... do you think that the EVO would be better then the DM to keep her from going back to how she was?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I again have no personal experience .. but EVO is what my vet prescribes for diabetic animals.. I havent looked at DM ingrediants or %s lately so I cant give a real thought... Only heresay from the vets
.. they hav ehad animals come off insulin once on EVO