Anyone ever have a cat on pred?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update. I started Jordan on Wednesday morning. Yesterday morning he still wasn't eating very well, but when I got home he had knocked the garbage over & found a single empty fancy feast can. I also found the mouse & one of the speakers from my computer on the floor. I had to laugh because that's Jordan. He ate really good this morning too. He's not 100% yet, but he's got that look back in his eye. He was sitting this morning looking around like, "Hmmm, what can I get into while Mom's at work today." I'm very excited.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DebsKats

Yea, Jordan!
It's amazing how fast pred can start working!
I couldn't believe it was that fast. After he scarfed down his wet food this morning, he even wanted a little dry food when I fed the rest of the cats. I gave him a few pieces and he ate those right up.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is deffinatly back to Jordan & it makes me so happy. Last night for example I didn't even think and he scared me when he jumped up on my shoulder after I got out of the shower. He just hasn't been doing that so I forgot how much he likes that. He's also reminding everyone that he's in charge by mounting them. They don't like it, but I think he wants them to know that he is still Alpha. Finally he is also knocking the garbage can over every night, and I'm finding more and more things knocked down on the ground. That's my Jordan Noah.

jasmine-79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Jordan is being treated for idopathic hypercalcimia. I guess the elevated blood calcium does a lot of damage and will begin to calcify all the soft tissues in his body. So when I had a chance to sit and think about it, left untreated kidney, liver and heart damage are gaurnteed. The vet did say that pred was the place to start treating, but that there are other meds. I have questions for the vet, but haven't had a chance to ask them yet. I've got to write them down & then call or I forget to ask everything.
Ultimately, you cannot put a price on peace of mind and that's what you are striving for by taking the best care of your furbaby as possible! When it's all said and done you must be able to say you did all you could and MORE to assure this precious little life had the best you could offer! You're doing GREAT Rang....and Jordan!!
{love and encouraging vibes to you both}

baybina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat just started on pred, she was unable to balance herself without falling down and she didn't move a lot only to the letterbox and back and even then she would make a mess , the vet wasn't sure of what she has and we have been looking for a solution for months now. We decided to start her on the pill and she is now able to walk but still falls a little bit and is able to use the box instead of training pads. So now we r unsure what would happen if we taper the meds and stop giving it to her because it's not clear what she has.