Anyone ever get a Massage Before?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an appointment for one at 5:30 this evening! It's a relatively new place that I've never been to (it was voted best massage in town, in our local newspaper.) The hospital Massage Therapy (where I usually go) was totally booked up, so I decided to call around to see if I could find a place that would take me Friday, after work.

I'm a mess. I have spondylolisthesis in my lower back, and kyphosis and a bulging disk in my neck. I also get chronic muscle spasms in my shoulders, which trigger headaches that often turn into migraines.

I have had a couple of deep tissue massages that actually made my muscles HURT for a couple of days!!! Once the heat and pain from the massage disappeared, the muscle spasms were gone for several weeks. The first time it happened, I was worried and called the Massage Therapist. She told me that it was a normal result of the type of massage I had gotten, and that the pain would only last a day or two. She was right, and the benefits lasted nearly a month.

Good luck! I hope the massage does exactly what you want it to do for you!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one last July and the massuese said I was the tightest person she had ever worked on-she was sweating when she was done!! And I really didn't feel any different.
From the work I do I know my hamstrings are super tight and shoulder too. I would like to find a different one and try again. I don't like them rubbing my feet or hands though-its just to weird for me.