Anyone ever broken or injured their own ribs?

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't actually ever injured my ribs.

my one friend has bruised some of hers. She was riding her horse and she fell off, infront of the horse, so therefore it stamped all over her. She bruised about 6 of her ribs and broke her wrist. nasty!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

my one friend has bruised some of hers. She was riding her horse and she fell off, infront of the horse, so therefore it stamped all over her. She bruised about 6 of her ribs and broke her wrist. nasty!!!
THAT is how I broke my jaw decades ago! I had just read National Velvet and decided to teach my mare to jump. ONLY I was bareback and she made a left turn without signaling and I went off and under her!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

I had a friend who was riding a newly purchased horse, and it bucked him off and stomped on him, severing his aorta and killing him instantly. A good horse should not step on you, even if you fall underfoot! Please have her reconsider that accident, and if the horse was at fault for her injuries in any way, have it retrained by a professional!

MyBabies, no matter what, it takes a long time for ribs to heal. Do your best to take it easy, so they can begin to heal! You definitely shouldn't be climbing a ladder right now! If you fell of that, a rib could puncture your lung, and then where would you and your babies be?!?