Anyone else worried about xmas?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've become less stressed now that I can live without decorating the house each year. Hubby won't have an artificial tree and neither of us will cut down a tree for the purpose. We sometimes get a live (balled in burlap) tree and plant it in the yard. We hang out a wreath and some ornaments on the kitchen cabinet doors and call it done. We do not practice any formal religion so Christmas to us is simply a time to show our love to our friends and family.

We've canned homemade pear butter and pear jam for the families, so only have a handful of people to buy for (mostly each other). Buying for our immediately family only is 12 households and about 50 people, so we've resorted to homemade gifts over the years. They really do appreciate it and is actually more work than going out shopping for mostly unwanted trinkets.

I think I'll do some online shopping tonight!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not necessarily worried about Christmas. But it definitely is going to be different since Emily is on her mission, my son and his family are in Michigan and I still don't have a job. The only thing that bothers me is I usually send my 2 grandsons lots of gifts and I can't do that this year. But they're young!

I like Christmas time. I like the smells and sounds and especially my tree! I do a lot of baking and then on Christmas eve my daughters used to go around and deliver baked goods to many of our neighbors. I might have to do it myself this year!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MomofMany...pear butter sounds delicious! I have never had that before, but my mom used to make apple butter and I loved it even though I am not normally a huge apple fan.