Anyone Else Working Today?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I worked, too. Only government and banks seemed to be closed. Even the schools were in session, here. BankOne and Compass Bank stayed open, as did the supermarket branches of Wells Fargo.

I don't get another paid holiday, until Memorial Day. With 37+ hours of paid time off accrued, I can take a little holiday, now and then though.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah Government jobs have the most holidays. I work for a college so I was off. I had a friend who worked for the county and they had a ridiculous amount of days off. They got Columbus day off even.

Is anyone else old enough to remember when there were two President 's birthday holidays? One for Wash and the other for Jefferson? And the schools would close for two Mondays in a row? I don't remember when they combined them.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was Washington on the 22nd and Lincoln on the 12th.

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked today! And I work at a school, thank-you-very-much! Lol . . . oh well, I need the $$, so I'm not complaining.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
actually you know I would have worked if I could have and taken another day off instead. I mean the weather is dreary. and there is no traffic and you can park easily etc.