Anyone else with this syndrome? :D

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, I don't feel left out anymore! Although, last night I did go out and meet some people through the Prague chapter of Meetin.org. Met this wonderful Czech woman and a guy from Germany. Actually, met people from S. Korea, Rome, Spain, Portugal, Slovakia...

But, usually, I am at home on weekend nights. That's the breaks when you move away from friends!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be on TCS Friday nights if I could but I work from 6pm-1am!

I much prefer to browse and post on TCS rather then go out and spend money!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have that too!!!

Yesterday while I could have been home putting my feet up I was at work doing a pre-booked double shift (finishing at midnight).

I wonder if there is a cure?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

Yes, I too suffer from that syndrome. Sadly, I've had to mostly give up the adult beverages though because they just have too many empty calories.
Although it's fun every once in a while I guess, I've never been that big on what people 'with a life' - out clubbing, drinking 'til the break of dawn, and stuff like that.
I like the lite coolers. Smirnoff Ultra, and Mikes Lite Hard Lemonade. 100cals per drink. (still alot, but better than other drinks)
Yah, they are empty calories (that I don't need at all
but hey, it's not something I do every night... just 2-3 on Friday or Sat if I feel like it)

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I would be on TCS Friday nights if I could but I work from 6pm-1am!

I much prefer to browse and post on TCS rather then go out and spend money!
totally agree.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Yep, I sat at home last night and planned wedding stuff...alllllllllll night
Are you still having fun with it, or is it becoming stressful? I remember the point it turned stressful... luckily it was near the end
(of the planning)

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite Friday nights are watching a movie with my husband and daughter (and our kitties), all of us curled up on the sofas in our robes with a fire crackling in the fireplace!

There are lots of things you can do if you want to go out! Go to a movie or call a friend to meet for drinks or coffee. My girlfriends and I can talk away for four hours in a coffee shop, no problem.

Or you could throw a party, small or big, if money is an issue make it a potluck. Lots of people are looking for stuff to do on weekends, and everybody's got to come up with something to eat for dinner anyway.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I actually prefer my Fridays to be a little boring. I work almost every Friday night, 7PM-7AM and an exciting night means somebody's baby is having problems. Tonight there is only one baby in the nursery, so I have time to cruise through the TCS forums.
I hope that you always have a boring night then,
that way nobodys baby has to be in trouble.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You have described my Friday nights since I started having kids in 1992. But by some miracle, my husband decided last night we should go to a movie. A movie without animation! Wow! We saw "Gran Torino" - it was classic Clint Eastwood.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Normally my Friday nights are just like yours. Last Friday night I was asked by DH's friends to meet them up at their favorite watering hole. I met them up there, asked DH to buy me dinner, then watched him drink enough beers so that I had to drive him home. We were both asleep by 10PM.

You can tell we've been married a long time. DH didn't ask me for the date, I had to ask him to buy me dinner, then I drove him home so he could pass out early on a Friday night. That's love after 20 years of being together.

That's why I prefer to stay home on Friday's and chat in TCS.