Anyone else watching the miners being rescued?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read in the newspaper that one of the miners had been trapped in a collapsed mine before and he was reported to have said "Oh no not again" when they got trapped!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pleased to see that that "useless agency," NASA, was very instrumental in the rescue, including building the rescue capsule and providing nutrition and other items to keep the miners healthy. Several other national governments were involved, and I think the cable, which was a matter of real concern, was made in Germany and performed flawlessly.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been such a heart wrenching experience for the families and so much more for the miners them selves. I think it's sad that this became such a source of entertainment for people that while they were trapped, and wondering if they would make it out alive, they made an agreement to only share their experience for money.....

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was riveted through the whole thing! I started watching late at night, when they first started bringing the men up, finally had to go to sleep, turned it on the first thing yesterday morning, had to go to work, and turned on the computer live feed the minute I got to my desk. I watched it all day while I was working, then went home and turned it on again!

I couldn't stop watching! Each miner brought up had me in tears. It never, ever got routine, and the capsule worked flawlessly. They finished the operation in under 24 hours, which is amazing to me.

I'm so happy for all of them. Their crew chief was responsible for keeping them disciplined and upbeat and, I think, was the real hero in this, keeping order down there.

Bless 'em all.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

I think it's sad that this became such a source of entertainment for people that while they were trapped, and wondering if they would make it out alive, they made an agreement to only share their experience for money.....
I'm not sure what your point is? You don't think they should share their story and maybe make some money out of it?