Anyone else spending Christmas alone?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I don't know how you guys do that

When I was a Sheriff's deputy, I had trouble keeping my own radio traffic straight
We share the radio band with other cities as well. It can get quite busy at times. One nice thing about the night shift, gives your ears and mind a break

The multi tasking ability can get me in trouble at times with the wife. There are times when she will be talking to me and I will be doing 2 or more things at the same time. She thinks I am not listening to her, but I can repeat everything she has said. It's just hard for me to stop and listen to just one thing. I am so used to talking on the radio, phone, writing and or entering info into the computer at the same time. I always tell my wife I am listening, I promise, but I am so used to not looking at someone when they are talking to me or I am speaking with them.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

We share the radio band with other cities as well. It can get quite busy at times. One nice thing about the night shift, gives your ears and mind a break
Yeah, but if it's anything like here, you have that 10pm to 1am "home stretch"

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Yeah, but if it's anything like here, you have that 10pm to 1am "home stretch"
Oh yeah, we had one of those tonight. Here I thought it would be a peaceful slow Christmas night, then came the Christmas party that went bad. Nothing serious though, just people being stupid