anyone else here have a cat with obsessive-compulsive disorder?

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw I hope she gets better! Shadow has Cleaning OCD.. he cleans up EVERYTHING.. after her eats... after he uses the litter box he scratches for a good 5 mins... He has to cover everything after fins uses the litter box even though its already been done... if my mom is on the floor reading the newspaper he tries to clean it up! lol

simmyandnunny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww, i'm sorry to hear that. Is it possible that she's unahppy about something? Just throwing out ideas here. Is there anyway to get her some sort of liquid meds instead of the pill thing? It's so hard to medicate a cat. It sucks for the both of you.

simmyandnunny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

My cat Shane is a plastic licker, too. He doesn't do it all day, or anything, but he does like to lick on plastic bags a lot. When I see him doing it, I tell him "No". After about 3 "no's" from me, he will finally give up and leave the plastic alone. He also has a fetish for photographs. He would lick and lick on a photo until it was destroyed. I'm sure it's the chemical on the photo. I have learned that I can not leave photo's lying around at all. He used to try to destroy photo albums just to get to the photo underneath.
Oh YES, my cats LOVE photos! I wonder if it's poisonous? I sure hope not. Either way, i don't let them lick 'em.

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I too have a very nervous cat. She has been with me for six & a half years and is only now beginning to show signs of improvement. She has all sorts of weird behaviours which we just live with, I think it's some kittenhood trauma which caused her to be like this. We have never medicated her for this, just given her lots of reassurance, and safe hidey holes for when she needs to get away. Mine also had a violently runny digestion for six of the years we had her - she has only just started to produce solids. I suppose what I am trying to say is that you are probably making progress with yours even if it doesn't seem that way to you. Best of luck.

Sue

vi04

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat got Feline Hyperesthesia Syndrome which got now over a year and getting worse, very hard to live with sometimes, when she bad, she wild and when is quite you feel like cant do anything for her. My cat only 3 years. It hard to get help for it here and noone understands...