Anyone else have a cat ...

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that prefers a drinking glass to her water dish for water? Butzie started that in March and hasn't stopped. She would drink from the water on my bedside table. Now, I have to have a glass (plastic) there as well as one in the living room. Well, it is better than the toilet, I guess.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have many of these, but I do find having a water fountain for them helps. Pria has this thing where she is now OBSESSED with licking off the condensation off of all my glasses!

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ooooh yes. My kitties have a large water dish (one with a resevoir) in the kitchen that they share with the dog, one in my roommate's room, and one in our room. Still, if you have a glass of water, and don't watch it like a hawk, they will stick their face in it. That doesn't bother me too much, but it is always followed by a paw.

Lucy would also prefer to eat ice then drink water half the time. Anytime any one goes in the kitchen, she comes running and waits by the fridge for the ice dispenser to spray ice as it always does, silly kitty!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They would if I let them. As will most cats. But someone always has to stick a paw in there and spill the cup so they just have to use their own dishes.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine all would, but I no longer drink from glasses for this reason
I use a water bottle instead, which isn't foolproof either as they sometimes chew on the lid.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep. Callie LOVES to drink out of my glasses. I also keep a large latte-type mug on the coffee table for them to drink out of as well as one on the bathroom counter. They all drink out of the mugs and bowls equally.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My water glass is Maia's water glass, as well as the water glass that is hers, originally mine 3 years ago! Yes, Maia has a water glass next to my bed that she prefers over her water bowl in the kitchen, and she often helps herself to any new glass of water in her reach as well! I change her glass and bowl every day, but still.......I always think of the little girl in the movie Signs, if it was up to Maia she would have glasses of water all over the apartment!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend whose cat will only drink out of glasses...mine like their fountain, but any unattended glass of water is very attractive as well.

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, my two indoors always would. Boo refused a bowl, and Chickster learned from him. If she's presented with any bowl or fountain (Drinkwell) she puts things in there and plays in it, never drinks out of it. I use small tumbler type thick glasses and refill them everyday and clean them out, and I have one in my room and one in the kitchen for her to drink out of. I don't have bed-side water glasses thankfully, I nearly only drink iced tea. She doesn't like that
so no worries there.