Anyone do rescue in Southern Maine?

sheeshshe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a cat who we love dearly.  He eats many things that he shouldn't and continues to make himself sick.  I have 3 small children, and there is just too much stuff for him to get into.  He is currently not doing that great and is having a hard time keeping food down.  My husband isn't on board with getting him fixed up just for him to get something else and get sick again.  I don't want to surrender him to the shelter because I like to adopt from the shelter, and that will revoke my privileges.  I hate to see him go, he is my kids best friend and I love him so much.  :(

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear this. :( If you adopted this cat from a shelter, then you should return him to that shelter. In all honesty, he needs a vet if he is constantly vomiting. It seems to me that it is more than just eating things he shouldn't. I think the kindest thing would be to return him to the rescue you adopted him from if you are not able to get him to the vet for medical attention for the vomiting :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for this kitty.

Last edited:

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above post. It may not be him eating things that he shouldn't. If your not able to afford to take him to the vet. Then the kindest thing you can do for him is to return him to the shelter.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take him back to the shelter before your husband carries out his threat (from many other threads) to shoot the cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sheeshshe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's doing much better today.  He has been keeping food down.  If he declines, I'll take him to the shelter, thank you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sheeshshe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take him back to the shelter before your husband carries out his threat (from many other threads) to shoot the cat.
We don't own a gun, no worries there.  He just likes to blow steam.