Anyone Bi-Lingual. Anyone Used Rosetta Stone?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's awesome you are doing this with your daughter. I've never wanted to learn Spanish (something about having a culturally very different step-family kinda turned me off to it!) but man o man is the food gooood! I always wanted to learn Italian, but I would think Spanish is probably the best second language to start a child with here in America. I did have a friend teach me one to say 'What are you looking at stupid?' in Spanish. I was in Walmart on my cell with her and being admired not too dicretely by some migrant workers...

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I did have a friend teach me one to say 'What are you looking at stupid?' in Spanish. I was in Walmart on my cell with her and being admired not too dicretely by some migrant workers...
LOL! May I ask what she told you to say to them?

(I can't wait to hear this!)

The spanish-english thread sounds like a good idea and I'll be happy to join if anyone wants to get started...whether here or in Paws & Reflect. However...tomorrow being Tuesday I won't be online much since my hubby works from home every Tuesday so he's online from about 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.-ish. Other than that, I'd love to join in the rest of the week. We could talk about ''el clima'' (the weather) o las noticias (or the news) o nuestros gatos y gatas! (or our cats!)

Buenas noches amigos y amigas (good night friends!)

Hilda >^..^<

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had it for chinese(mandrin) i think it helped.
but i still cant speak it
i can hear the tones, but i cant say them.
so i understand more then i can speak.
get me past hello, and i would like the chicken, or where the bathroom, and i have no idea what i am saying(must have been why they kept laughing at me)

cant tell you how mad at times it made me, i finally gave up trying to learn chinese.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh, I'm so excited! I can't wait until we start this! Someone make sure to post the new link here, please, otherwise I'm likely to miss it and you'll all be practicing Spanish without me.

BTW, in Spanish (if I'm not mistaken), hello: Hola (casual), Buenas Dias (Good day, more formal); I'd like the chicken: Quiero el pollo, por favor (I'd like the chilcken, please); Where is the bathroom? (Donde es el bano?)

And I think my favorite word in Spanish is "izquierda" or "left" as in the direction. Don't know why, just think it sounds cool.... :whistles:

And, um, don't mind my spelling..