anyday it seems?

lill-yippers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
here is a little of the backstory.we got Tinkerbell aka tink tink when she was only 6 weeks old she was the runt she is very little.when she was around 11 months old she tore a hole in our screen to get outside to a stray male cat and boom we now have a pregnant tinkerbell. I noticed around June 5th her nipples were pink and sticking out. even though we didn't want kittens I have tried to give the kittens the best chance I can.I have already found 7 kittens homes if she has that many and on top of that mom has already been eating half cat / half kitten food and getting a can of tuna once a week.. she spoiled. my question is yesterday she started to look like what was having contractions and I could see the babies moving toward her back area. She was pawing at her blankets and seemed very restless. today she seems to be a little better and not as clingy as yesterday could that mean the kittens will be here soon?
*yes she does have a appointment to be fixed when the kittens are weened. Alot of the places here would of just aborted the kittens to fix her, im not doing that*.
Thank you in advance for any advice

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for taking such good care of Tink.  You will not get any lectures from us, so don't worry about it.  Personally, I don't believe in doing late term spay abortions because it sends the mothers into bad depressions, althugh I do understand the mindset that every kitten left unborn means there is one more space for a kitten already born and in need of a home.  I have no problem with EARLY spay-abortions, i.e. when you rescue a cat and take it to be spayed and it turns out to be pregnant but nowhere near delivery.

We have a good collection of articles in the Cat Health section which you can access by scrolling up to the brown bar, clicking on Articles,and then choosing the Cat Health section and scrolling through the choices.  To make this super easy for you, I am copying the links regarding birth, delivery and newborns for you here.  After reading this information, let us know if you have any more questions.  And good luck with your approaching new arrivals.

Birth, Delivery and Newborns

View media item 212113How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?

Cat Pregnancy

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Pregnant Cat? What to Prepare For the Birth

Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!

Premature Kittens

Post-Birth Complications in Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lill-yippers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you I will read them here shortly. Shes been hiding behind our washer all day instead of using her crate so im thinking it may be soon