Anybody out there?

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm getting sleepy, finally, so it's off to bed. Plus I have to be up at 5:30!!!!! See ya on the boards in a couple of hours. Hang in there and try to catch some zzzz's.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, again, Sunlion. Well, it's Monday, but I had some info I thought might be helpful. I am sleeping in the living room because it's a large room and I need everything nearby. I have a breathing problem, and when I get a cold or bronchitis, my family sets up a "mini-hospital" in here. I stay here until my breathing improves. So I had an excuse to buy a small, second t.v. Last year I saw a 19inch remote control Philips Magnavox on sale at Ames for $159, give or take $10. It has the feature you want, but I have never used it. I think I'll try it. If I awaken to go the bathroom I can't go back to sleep, no matter how early it is. I've been trying to take afternoon naps to help make up for the lost sleep, and using the t.v. then. I hope that info helpful. By the way, when my husband and I separated, I took a nap every afternoon, just so I wouldn't have to think--even though I knew I couldn't continue the way things were. It's hard. I wish you the best.

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sunlion, I didn't mean to jump on you. You made a good point about dessert, and I'll admit that I can be just as bad as a kid! Animal crackers actually aren't bad. Sounds like you're doing a great job.

On sleeping...try not to! That works best for me. Trying to go to sleep keeps me up, but if I want to stay up to watch a program or read a book, forget about it! I'm out like a light. Taking a warm bath before bed can help as well. My mom has had luck with an herb called valerian root.