Anybody like apples?

kidsncats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter was eating one of those little apple sauce cups. She got up to go the the bathroom and when she went back into the kitchen she called for me. Simon was on the table with his face shoved into that little cup. He usually leaves people food strictly alone. I'm assuming the couple of bites he got aren't going to hurt him. I'm wondering if this would be an acceptable "treat" for him. Who would have thought...he leaves chicken(some was left on her plate) alone but chows down on the applesauce.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's funny! I had a cat who only ate dry food...tried wet food, chicken, steak, lobster and everything else and he wouldn't touch it. Then one day, I caught him licking the juice from a bowl of cantalope - he loved it, and I had to share with him all cantalope I ate from that time forward.

Go figure what is in the minds (and tastebuds) of our babies!?!?!?!

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hmmm...Amber likes the strawberry fig newtons. Whenever I buy a pack I usually let her nibble. She snarfs it up like it was the bestest thing in the world. She will come over and sniff, sniff, while scrambling right up my lap (which she doesnt usually do). I would have thought cats wouldnt like fruit!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoey likes lettuce

And Saki tried to eat my spaghetti with butter and cheese last nite

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred likes applesauce. I usually leave him a little in the bottom of the bowl, and it hasn't ever hurt him. He is almost 16 years old. He likes the strawberry filling from Pop Tarts, too.

moo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my Zoe loves onion, go figure????

But I know that onion is bad for dogs and assuming it is bad for cats I don't let her eat it.

Her other favouite is fried rice when we get chinese takeaway or vegemite on toast or bread.

Nelson would rather eat his food and unless there are meat scraps, turns up his nose at people food.

sockiesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Socks loves corn and olives, but I don't give her a lot because I'm not sure if it's bad for her or not. She also like rices with peas mixed in, and I let her have that from time to time in moderation.

She's a silly kitty... she won't drink her water, it has to be the dog's water or water belonging to a human.
Water in her bowl (no matter where or what bowl I put it in) just isn't as interesting as Skippy's water, I suppose...

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's hillarious. My cats won't eat anything but their cat food. Except for Peaches. The Princess likes the occassional left over chicken. But I have to cut it up very small for her first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kidsncats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL Simon won't touch water in a bowl at all. Has to be out of a coffee mug. Jeff actually shares his water with him all the time. OK, to be honest he'll fill a mug of water say it's for him but get himself a soda or something.

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
meow meow like lettuce and prawn crackers.. while boy boy takes almost anything...he's a garbage bin my mom says...

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our one kitten, Winnie, will steal anything if you dont watch her! She stole a big piece of tomato from me the other day, and actually ran off with it!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Momofmany
That's funny! I had a cat who only ate dry food...tried wet food, chicken, steak, lobster and everything else and he wouldn't touch it. Then one day, I caught him licking the juice from a bowl of cantalope - he loved it, and I had to share with him all cantalope I ate from that time forward.

Go figure what is in the minds (and tastebuds) of our babies!?!?!?!
Yeah... I've never had a cantaloupe cat, but friends of ours did. Yo made a complete pest of himself whenever there was cantaloupe around!

Our current bunch are a total bore where food is concerned. They eat their canned stuff, only certain brand, only certain flavours; they eat their dry stuff; but they're not much interested in kitty treats of any kind or human stuff, with the exception of a fingerful of butter or yogurt or a saucer of milk (which doesn't seem to bother them like it does some cats).

Prior administrations have had different views of the subject and been quite demanding
The most unusual, I guess, were Shasta with chili, and Gryphon with Angel Food Cake. Like you say, Go figure!

lucia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she has eaten fruits, vegetables, and even Indian food that was fairly spicy. Her favorite food however is PIZZA of all things.

If I bring some home from a pizzeria and heat in up in the toaster oven, the minute any odor appears, so does she. She will sit next to me and slap her little paw in the air until she gets some to eat. I managed to get a slightly blurry pic of her once enjoying some:

One of these days, I need to give a copy of it to the pizza guys!

The weird thing is that she also eats cat food w/o trouble. I guess she that she just is adventurous when it comes to food!