TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it might get moved...lol..Oh well, but that was really fast.

I wasnt sure where to post it.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the pet mate, but can't use it because Jordan (my trouble maker) learned how to flip it over & once he learns something new he does it every day. I think the best one will depend on your cat(s). I bought my for my Smoke when she was still alive. She was afraid of running water so that's why I got the pet mate, but I think that my cats now would like the other one as much or better. I've also seen one called the Pet It. I just got my Dr.s foster & smith & that had at least 3 I vaugly remember there being a 4th one I had never seen before.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Mine have got the Catit fountain and they all like it.

Anne

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have the Drinkwell from Petco, the cats love it. I don't have Sam in my kitchen sink now, yeah!
I got the accessory cleaning kit, 3 brushes to clean it. All pumps need to be kept clean or they won't last long.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the Petmate, and Preog and Polly like it. Prego has recently started drinking from the spout. It's cute. I clean it once a week and it take me about 10 mins to empty clean and refill.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i've had the petmate freshflow [the 2nd one] for over a year, & i like it fine. i only wish i'd gotten the dog one so that it held more water - i have to put water in it almost every day. but that's the only thing i dislike about it. & the cats like it, too!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the CatIt from Petsmart and my two both like it. It took one cat a while to warm up to it, but now he drinks from it fine. It's nice and quiet too.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the Petmate which my cats preferred over the Drinkwell. They LOVE it. I'm so happy that they're both getting the hydration they need now.

I take mine apart every week and clean the whole thing, even the pump. I found that drinkwell was harder to clean than Petmate.

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Hi,
Mine have got the Catit fountain and they all like it.

Anne
With the Catit, the water just runs down the side and not out like the drinkwell doesn't it?

I found one in the Walter Drake Catalog I want to get.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got two petmate ones, the small one and the dog one. The dog one seems to get dirty faster, but doesn't need changes as frequently. The smaller one is okay, but needs water like every other day. They like both. I'm going to try this fountain I saw in a catalog. The price is right, plus it comes with 12 filters (only 15 bucks!)
http://www.collectionsetc.com/Item76029.aspx

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

I have the Drinkwell from Petco, the cats love it. I don't have Sam in my kitchen sink now, yeah!
I got the accessory cleaning kit, 3 brushes to clean it. All pumps need to be kept clean or they won't last long.
Aww, I would love to have Sam in my kitchen sink - or any of my sinks for that matter.

We have the PetMate and our babies drink a lot more water than before.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The catit looks alot like what I want, but it's kind of expensive. I still think I might get the Catit though. Looks pretty awesome. lol...I just hope our kitties are afriad of it.

I also like the one that zak&rocky said. It's only 15 bucks, but it looks alright. It looks like it might make alot of noise though.

I dont know, They all look pretty cool. But it seems as if most of the people have a fountain, either have a Catit, or want a Catit. So I think that might be the one I want. I dunno.
I am SOOO bad at decisions.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Aww, I would love to have Sam in my kitchen sink - or any of my sinks for that matter.

We have the PetMate and our babies drink a lot more water than before.
Me too, I just noticed Sam in your signature, and He DEFINATLY is so entirely cute! He could spend some time in my kitchen sink too.
He's so cute Jean-Ji, really.

Sam

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i've had the petmate freshflow [the 2nd one] for over a year, & i like it fine. i only wish i'd gotten the dog one so that it held more water - i have to put water in it almost every day. but that's the only thing i dislike about it. & the cats like it, too!

It's OK - and I mean just OK - especially for the money you spend. Mine has already sprung a leak in the plastic containter that you fill with water and it's only been a month and you have to completely remove the container to fill it since the fill is on the bottom. It also goes into "gurgling" spells - when it's underfilled & overfilled. (and I'm with Laureen - I should have gotten the xtra large dog size - mine is medium and shared by 4 cats).

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Which fountain you choose should depend on your cat's/cats' preference(s). A cat that likes to drink out of the faucet would probably like the Drinkwell, which has a "waterfall"; a cat that likes to lick water out of the tub or sink would presumably choose the CatIt; cats with no particular preference would be fine with the Fresh Flow, where the water runs down a little ramp.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I got the one from the catalog that is 15 bucks. You get what you pay for. It's smaller than it looks- about the size of a regular bowl. It does come with a bunch of filters. I think it's good if you want to check and see if the your cats would like the cat-it or if you have only one cat. It makes a sound like running water. So far it is on my counter. Two cats have checked it out, but no one has used it yet. We have fresh flow users here.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the Petmate fresh flow fountain, but I don't know how much I like it. I wish we had gotten the Drinkwell as Twitch prefers more water flow. My mo was playing with the display CatIt water fountain in a pet store & she thought the dome moved easily. We were going to get it, but she was afriad Twitch would take it apart. I think I might just invest in a Drinkwell as we need another fountain.