Anybody getting snow yet?

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

It's amazing what a difference a 30 minute drive can make when you are going from a valley to the top of a mountain. It's a completely different world up there. At home, we're just getting rain but at work they will have 6" of snow, sleet, ice, you name it.

I really hate winter.
That is soooo true. I remember being stationed at Twentynine Palms, CA, and remember it being 105 in the shade, and seeing snow on Mt. San Gorgonio.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been snowing here since 6:00 yesterday, the wind is howling and snow is piling up. But it only means that I can go skiing earlier this year

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we got some last night and it's still here, there was a lot of wind too a ton of people lost power. But about 2 cm still on the ground. It looks like a winter wonderland and now I have to find my boots!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow...I am so envious of even the smallest bit of snow. I have a friend in Montana and she posted the most beautiful pictures of a snowstorm they had last year. (She said it looked pretty, but almost turned into "The Shining" at her house, lol.)

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, okay, so it rarely snows down to our elevation in Northern CA. Our local mountain gets snow when the snow level is down to 1000 feet.

I called my Mom and she was so not happy that there was snow in the Catskill Mountains where she lives. She doesn't really remember it ever snowing this early. I can't remember one either.

To live in ME or MN, yes, you would have to love snow.

Here, we drive to the snow in the Sierra Nevada to go skiing or to get the snow experience. I sure hopes we get mega snow so that our drought ends.

Usually, we try to go skiing a few times a year (more before Ben decided he didn't like to snow ski). We just are not going to be able to do it this year. We can drive there and back in one day. The lift tickets are about &60 each, the gas is outrageous and the food is not as favorable as it should be for those prices.

Well, maybe next year. But, please, let it snow here in the mountains.