Anybody Else on Weight Watchers?

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm within my points, but i'm still not where I'd like to be. I started the FIRM and last week I GAINED weight, lol! I lost lost of inches (I think it was about a 7 inch loss in a week!) so .. the way I'm figuring it, if I keep gaining weight and losing inches, I'm okay with that lol. I'm fine with being 500 lbs if I'm lithe and healthy LOL!! I'm just compact!

Seriously You all should keep in mind that the scale sometimes lies, and that in those cases, before you get down, convert to inches for a couple of weeks, because honestly, I'm gaining so much muscle right now, that there's no way I'm losing weight. but I'm significantly thinner.

my measurements right now:
5'2
214.4 LBS (that's with the .5 lb gain)

Bust: 42.5
Ribs: 35.5
Natural Waist: 35.5
Waist: 38.5
Hips: 45.5
Thigh: 24
Calf: 16
Arm: 14
Neck: 14
Wrist: 6.25

Starting Measurements
244 LBS

Bust: 52
Ribs: 44
Natural Waist: 44
Waist: 48
Hips: 51.5
Thigh: 28
Calf: 18
Arm: 14.5
Neck: 16.25
Wrist: 7

So, you may find that you will do better knowing those measurements than your weight.. I'm personally an advocate of working out to tone and lose weight.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, Is everyone following the 8 healthy Guidelines? I can post them if you like but I'll have to dig it up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys!
Well, I'm doing pretty well so far today. Last night didn't go so well, its right before my period, and we went to the movies and I had probably 6 handfuls of salty movie popcorn and some Sour Patch kids and then felt gross.

I made a good, healthy casserole for dinner last night. I'm usually not a big casserole person but I was just feeling lazy and wanted something comfort-foody.
Here's the recipe!

It makes 6 servings--which are pretty big servings. We had ours with a side salad and it was very good and filling.

Ingredients:
6 oz bread stuffing dry mix
1 1/3 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
10 oz Campbell's (U.S.) 98% Fat-Free Cream Of Chicken Soup
5 oz Campbell's (U.S.) 98% Fat-Free Cream Of Celery Soup
1/3 cup Friendship Light Sour Cream
1 package frozen mixed vegetables

Preheat your oven to 400. In the bottom of a 9 by 13 glass baking dish, sprinkle 1/2 a cup of the stuffing mix, dry--I used the Stove Top Chicken flavor. Cut up the chicken breasts into bite size chunks, sprinkle them w/salt and pepper and arrange the chunks over the dry stuffing in the baking dish. Take the rest of the stuffing, put it in a bowl and add a cup of water, stir it around to moisten it, and set it aside. In a second bowl, mix together the 1 can of 98% FF Cream of Chicken Soup and a 1/2 a can of 98% FF Cream of Celery Soup--you could use cream of mushroom soup too if you like it, I don't care for mushrooms. Once the two soups are mixed together, add in the 1/3 cup light sour cream and the bag of frozen mixed veggies--I got the mixture with corn, carrots and green beans--some onions would be good too. Mix the soups, veggies, and sour cream together until combined--I threw in a dash of black pepper as well. Pour the soup/veggie mixture over the chicken and stuffing in the pan and spread it out to cover the chicken evenly. Then, spread the moistened stuffing over the top. Bake it in the oven for a half an hour--the soup will be bubbling, chicken cooked through and the stuffing on top will look a little golden brown.

It made for an easy meal and we've got plenty of leftovers in individual ziploc containers in our fridge! I would imagine you could even freeze it if you wanted to. It tastes nice and Thanksgiving-y but is low in points and has a veggie serving per portion! Have it with a salad, glass of milk, and a piece of fruit for dessert and you'll have one milk, 2 or 3 veggies, and one fruit down in one meal!

I would imagine kids would like it too since it's pretty creamy, and its a good way to sneak veggies to em!

Today for lunch I had a helping of the casserole and an apple.
I'm bringing cutup veggies and hummus to class to snack on, and for dinner I'm going to have tofu-veggie-noodle soup from the Thai restaurant near my house.

Unfortunately, I'm sick so exercising didn't happen today. I'm going to go to bed nice and early and hopefully feel better so I can exercise tomorrow morning before I have to work.

Hope you all had a good WW day!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops, forgot to tell you--the casserole is 6 points per serving!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that sounds good! How many servings in the casserole. I like that idea of pre-portioning. Otherwise I just "eat the rest".

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That casserole sounds good! I bet it would freeze well. I've been doing a lot of my cooking in bulk lately, then portioning it out and freezing it. That way I just have to defrost it and heat it up after I get home from work. There are only two of us, so a huge batch of stew or spaghetti sauce lasts a long time.

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

That casserole sounds good! I bet it would freeze well. I've been doing a lot of my cooking in bulk lately, then portioning it out and freezing it. That way I just have to defrost it and heat it up after I get home from work. There are only two of us, so a huge batch of stew or spaghetti sauce lasts a long time.
That's a great idea!!!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Wow, that sounds good! How many servings in the casserole. I like that idea of pre-portioning. Otherwise I just "eat the rest".
6 pretty big servings, 6 points per serving!

I buy the ziploc containers that are disposable and pretty cheap, and once my husband and I each have our initial first serving, I scoop the rest, one portion at a time, into individual ziploc containers. That way I can grab one to bring for lunch, or my husband can have one for dinner while I'm at grad school.
I save and freeze spaghetti sauce, turkey chili, and turkey taco filling the same way.
Otherwise, I'll go back for seconds, thirds, and then pick at it before I do the dishes.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Wow - did you do that in 1 week? What is the FIRM?
Nole, that's my starting weight and starting inches VS my current. that was Labor Day, so while I know I'm losing fast and should be happy about all this, I'm not LOL

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has been a crappy day! Besides wanting to eat everything in sight. I want something really good!!!! I know I'm going to be bad and do it too.... I want a piece of chocolate cake.
Oh well no will power!!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's OK, Eva.
Sometimes you just gotta have it. I was having a major chocolate craving. I finally gave in and ate a candy bar. Fortunately, it was the last day in my week and I had lots of flex points left.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did try Weight Watchers and was very optimisitic in the beginning. However, I only lost one pound while on their 5 week program, and didn't feel like I was getting any support so I haven't returned.

I've lost weight before, regained it, and am working on losing it again right now. I have my own method of losing weight, which works for me, and I've lost 15 pounds in the past 2 weeks!
I still have another 30 to go, but I think I'll be able to do it by the new year!